PDA

View Full Version : beer belly......

remo
03-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm 20 year old male. 5'11" weighing at 203lbs. Yes, I have a nice size beer belly. I have been eating on a fairly healthy level keeping away from the sweets and the bad fats and the high carbs. I plan to start a strict diet regimen tomorrow, but i have one question first.

Im working to add mass to my body, but I have this beer belly :bang: :bang: How should my diet look? I have been eating several meals a day 5-6 (3 big, two small, along with some healthy snacks...) any suggestions....Even though I have just started lifting, should I treat it as a cut??????

heathj
03-20-2005, 04:25 PM
stop drinking and start working out with some cardio. even without necessarily a diet change, the discontinuation of drinking should help get the gut down.

remo
03-20-2005, 04:31 PM
stop drinking and start working out with some cardio. even without necessarily a diet change, the discontinuation of drinking should help get the gut down.

I WAS USING THE BEER BELLY THING MORE AS A FIGURE OF SPEECH.... I DRINK ON OCCASION (MAYBE TWICE A MONTH), BUT THE GUT ARRIVED WHEN I WAS OUT OF WORK LAST YEAR FOR THREE MONTHS AND HAS BEEN STICKING AROUND EVER SINCE....I WILL TRY TO KEEP THE CARDIO UP..THANKS

AB2004
03-20-2005, 04:42 PM
i know the feeling. walking round breathing in.

remo
03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
i know the feeling. walking round breathing in.

HAHA, I THINK I TRAINED MY MUSCLES TO STAY FIXED IN THAT POSITION.

Praetorian
03-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Capslock. Turn. It. Off.

And also, check out the sticky at the top of the forum.

IronCard 05
03-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Capslock. Turn. It. Off.

And also, check out the sticky at the top of the forum.
I dont think you need the period after "turn" or "it".

AB2004
03-21-2005, 04:50 PM
thats true remo, i find it uncomfotable to have my belly naturally out now.

remo
03-23-2005, 11:35 AM
I still stand a bit confused on the proper course of action to delete this monstrosity called my belly...lol...

I want that lean mass, but want to get rid of this belly. I work abs about four times a week and do decent cardio everyday...is this enough..or will this not justify for the standard WBB diet....???

[[[----]]]
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
i would just do absaround twice a week. Your body fat is what you need to get to get down to get rid of the belly, not 100 crunches a day. Just eat healthy, do cardio and dont drink.....oh yeah...and lift weights.

Built
03-23-2005, 12:19 PM
It's all diet, bud. And as you pack on lean mass, the gut will gradually appear to take up less space LOL!

Watch the timing and amount of your carbs. This article (https://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml) roughly outlines how I'm eating for my slow little cutter that I'm on. I've managed to drop a couple pounds in the last few weeks while slightly increasing a few of my lifts.

If you're not already, go to www.fitday.com and track your macros. Make sure you're getting in 1-1.5g protein per pound goal weight, as a rough guideline. And don't go too low on the fats.

remo
03-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Thank you both very much for your input. Built, that article will definately prove to be most useful. I have been using Fitday since I joined WBB, about a week. Most def. a great resource to have at my disposal.

I have been taking about 1g protein for every pound of body weight, I will try and up it to the 1.5 mark....

I will keep you posted on my progress...hopefully i getting my starting/before pics up soon. thanks

JBrehm
03-23-2005, 09:02 PM
how can you eat that much protein? granted i only weigh 155, but intaking 155 grams of protein is really hard without the use of protein shakes/bars (which i can't get)