PDA

View Full Version : Psmf

Vampiro
03-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Anyone has had a sucessful PSMF run? What did your typical day look like?

Isaac Wilkins
03-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Lots of people here have done PSMF's. Check out some journals and search the forums.

It's a pretty simple diet. The normal day is about 1g/lb of lean body weight in protein, 6g of fish oil, and as little else as possible. Most lifters come in at 800-1200 calories.

galileo
03-21-2005, 07:55 AM
I've done it and it was very successful - short term.

A typical day for me was :
8oz turkey
8oz grilled chicken breast
8oz cottage cheese
2 scoops micellear matrix casein
1 cup broccoli, 2 cups spinach
6 fish oil caps

The totals came out just under 1000 calories, with 172g protein and about 15g carbs (not including fiber).

Lance
03-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I've done it sometimes for 1 day and it was successful for a quick 'tighten up'. Although when i did it, i didn't know what a PSMF was, all i knew was Dave Draper's Tuna and Water diet. That's what i did, and still do occasionally for about a day if i'm getting sluggish. You'd be suprized how fast fat melts off.

neartaigh
03-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I`ve done it too.

M1: Protien shake
M2: 1 cup cottage cheese
M3: 5 oz grilled chix, 2 cups steamed brocolli
M4: 1 cup scrambled egg whites
M5: 7 oz grilled meat (chick or tuna), 2 cups steamed veg (broc, cauli or spinach)

Not fun, but it does the trick. You can`t maintain this for more than a couple weeks without dying of boredom and cravings though. :)

Vido
03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I've done it sometimes for 1 day and it was successful for a quick 'tighten up'. Although when i did it, i didn't know what a PSMF was, all i knew was Dave Draper's Tuna and Water diet. That's what i did, and still do occasionally for about a day if i'm getting sluggish. You'd be suprized how fast fat melts off.

I know what you're talking about, and it SEEMS like the fat is melting off in one day, but really you're just shedding a bunch of water and therefore appearing leaner/tighter. It definitely works wonders for you psychologically though.