PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to lose weight?

Mitsua
03-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Anyone have tips? I'm thinking about just plopping my ass on the bike for hours each day until I pass out, I've been eating two turkey sandwhiches a day for the past two weeks and I'm lucky if I lost 3 pounds, I always read I'm supposed to take in 1500 calories a day at the least and it has to be healthy food, how is that possible? That's like next to impossible without spending 100's of dollars on healthy food and stuffing your face with apples and bannanas every 5 minutes to add up to 1500 calories.

Would sitting on a bike for hours each day losing 3-4k calories work? Or would I just end up dying? I keep reading the maximum I can lose is 2 pounds a week, that's horribly little...people with pills lose 5 pounds a week with working out, I really don't want to use pills though.

I'm 209LBs, 5'11.

HobbesAB
03-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Read this article:

Guide to getting lean (http://http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=156)

then do a search on cutting diets or just read some journals.

Get your diet in order - Eat clean. Train hard. Be consistent. There are small shortcuts one can take but these are effective AFTER your diet has been cleaned up.

METALASIAN
03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
You added an extra http in the front...

try http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=156

FenianIrish
03-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Ketogenic diet is fast and works very well.

Atkins
Southbeach
CKD, etc.

EJFan
03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone have tips? (snip) I've been eating two turkey sandwhiches a day for the past two weeks and I'm lucky if I lost 3 pounds,

3 pounds in two weeks isn't that bad... a pound or two a week is good progress

I always read I'm supposed to take in 1500 calories a day at the least and it has to be healthy food, how is that possible?

read the diet/nutrition articles... the foods you eat can be very inexpensive. some chicken, tuna, milk, eggs, veggies, fruits, etc... you don't need designer health food crap with tiger-claws and crap like that.

Would sitting on a bike for hours each day losing 3-4k calories work? .

you'd have to ride for days (uphill in the snow) to burn 3k calories... lol... i presume that's a typo. just keep doin' a good cardio routine and the fat'll melt off in time.

people with pills lose 5 pounds a week with working out, I really don't want to use pills though.

don't use pills... they never work and you're not learning anything about how to nurish your body. if they DID work, then you'd just wind up buying them for the rest of your life. that's no good and not a solution.

all that really counts is to burn more than you take in and you'll lose weight. eat 5-7 times a day to keep your metabolism up and steady. do your cardio work a few times a week. eat good carbs, good fats and protein... you'll get there.

Built
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Watch it with the cardio - not everybody responds well to it. I get fat and soft when I do lots of cardio.

Mitsua
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the advice people, one other question though, what should my proper weight be?I'm 16 I bench 160, I'm 5'11 and I'm 209 pounds. I've asked my doctor already and he had said around 185 would be optimal for me(I think it's bull) he had said anything under I would be looking like a toothpick(or somewhere around there) my father has also said I would look toothpickish any lower then that, I don't completely understand that though. My brother is 6', he benching 250ish(not completely sure), he's 21 and he weighs in the ball park of 180 pounds.

He's only slightly smaller then me bone structure wise.

I have friends 5'10, 5'11 also that weigh 150, 160 and don't look much smaller then me when it comes to bone structure too, they aren't exactly body builders though.

Sidior
03-21-2005, 02:57 PM
if your eating just two turkey sandwiches a day and doing cardio your body is prolly in stravation mode and your metabolisim is barely movin, eat more but keep it clean and spread the meals out...keeps the metabolisim movin so u can keep losin weight
and im with bulit, not a fan of cardio....helps me lose weight but its almost all muscle:(

Guido
03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
I find that amputation is really the quickest way.