PDA

View Full Version : What type of oatmeal?

Optimum08
03-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Hmm i searched about it and couldn't find anything about what type of oatmeal was best for breakfast (instant etc.) Usually i don't get enough cals cuz i am hungry in about 2 hours (less if i have to think extra hard in one of my classes) and was trying to figure what the best oatmeal type to eat for breakfast was....and any suggestions on brands and flavors would be appreciated also...

Maki Riddington
03-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Regular Quaker oats??? Half cup mixed with milk, micorwaved for 1 minute should be fine. After add in some protein powder and some more milk.

Built
03-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Steel cut is supposed to be the best, except I hate it.

I like the rolled variety.

Optimum08
03-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Maki sorry if that was a dumb question...we have lots of packets of the instant stuff around the pantry...and i was wondering what would be the "best" persay...

heatwave345
03-21-2005, 10:44 PM
hmm...

i usually eat the sweet variety of oatmeal (the instant packaged ones). are those unheathy?

Built
03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Yes, those suck.

Get plain oatmeal, and doctor it up with splenda and cinnamon, real fruit if you want it, some folks like peanut butter in it...

Maki Riddington
03-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Maki sorry if that was a dumb question...we have lots of packets of the instant stuff around the pantry...and i was wondering what would be the "best" persay...

Not a dumb question at all, I wasn't sure what you meant.:)

Geeper
03-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Just plain Quaker quick oats....................
throw some peanut butter in............
ummmm....................
some chocolate whey..................
ummmmmm........................
maybe a little splenda................
ummmmmm....................
I'm going back down for seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!