PDA

View Full Version : Oats.. MmmmMM!

Frankster
03-22-2005, 01:13 PM
I was talking to someone who is dieting today and was telling him how much I'm sick of oats, and other healthy foods. He said he ate his oatmeal with his favorite Chrystal lite. It sounded even more discusting to me, but decided to give it a try and all I can say is that this is almost like cheating.. damn good.
MMMmmmM!!

Collegekid
03-22-2005, 01:18 PM
there are tons of ways to make oatmeal taste good....cinnamon, yogurt, splenda, fruit, or any combination of the above.

Frankster
03-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I know... I don't really like those combination or have been eating this for years so I'm prob just tired of it. If anyone else has been consuming oats the same way for years with the usual ingredients as above.. give this one a try... tastes like candy!

pruneman
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
do you just dump the dry Crystal Light mix into the oatmeal (if so, how much?) or do you actually make the oatmeal w/ the juice?

[[[----]]]
03-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I just mix mine in my protein shake now, but I used to put like honey or syrup in it and it was pretty good. I cant ingest as much as i want to that way though.

Frankster
03-22-2005, 08:36 PM
do you just dump the dry Crystal Light mix into the oatmeal (if so, how much?) or do you actually make the oatmeal w/ the juice?

I put the crystal light on the oats then prepare them as I usually do. I also put 2 packets of splenda, maybe that makes a difference, but I'm sure it would taste good without, next time I won't put it.
I put 1 serving of crystal light for 1 cup of dry oats... I think I could have put 1/2 a serving of crystal light instead and it would still have tasted good.

pruneman
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Great Idea!!!!

I took the liberty to alter it a little and here is what I came up with...

I cooked the oats normally then added a scoop of vanilla whey, 1 packet of splenda, just a little bit of Crystal light powder (I used Strawberry-Orange-Banana), 1-2 Tbs. of FF cream cheese (add the cream cheese while the oats are hot enough to melt it).

It was amazing...I don't know really how to describe it...strawberry shortcake? cheesecake? ...amazing.

ryuage
03-23-2005, 01:04 PM
i put some sugar free fruit flavored and or sugar free jam along with frozen blueberries/strawberries and its delish. this is uncooked btw.

Frankster
03-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Great Idea!!!!

I took the liberty to alter it a little and here is what I came up with...

I cooked the oats normally then added a scoop of vanilla whey, 1 packet of splenda, just a little bit of Crystal light powder (I used Strawberry-Orange-Banana), 1-2 Tbs. of FF cream cheese (add the cream cheese while the oats are hot enough to melt it).

It was amazing...I don't know really how to describe it...strawberry shortcake? cheesecake? ...amazing.'

Cool
:thumbup:
I used to put a scoop of vanilla whey in my oats, might try it again with that. the FF cream cheese sounds like a nice addition but it's a no-no right now for my diet, even if it's FF.

Jensen
05-11-2005, 12:14 AM
This will sound stupid, but do you have to cook the oats if they are going in a shake? I usually don't and I can down it just fine. Should I be cooking them?

Built
05-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Naw. Raw's fine.