PDA

View Full Version : PhatMike's 28 Day Nitrean Craziness

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Alright I am going to preface this by saying one thing... If I can change my lifestyle, anyone can. In high school, I was skinny-fat, and then I got a job at McDonald's and got huge. I went from 160 to 220. I drank soda all day, and I pounded my fat face with anything and everything that the arch-beast had to offer. Let me be clear here though, and all you bitchy people out there saying that McDonalds or any fast food for that matter made you fat, SHUT THE HELL UP!! It was YOU who stuffed your face with soda and greasy burgers, frech fries and chicken(??) nuggets. Ronald McDonald was not stuffing this crap down your face, YOU WERE. Get over it and make a change. Take ownership of your life. I finally did, and while I admit that my journey has just begun (as I am still a fatty), I am on the healthy lifestyle train for LIFE. Do you want it? GO FREAKING GET IT!!

This is NOT the best solution for everybody, but it worked for me, and the benefits of the 28 day diet go WAY BEYOND what I expected. Follow me on this journey. I hope to inspire you to make a change in your own life. My inspiration comes in the form of my two daughters. They are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I want to be here for them, to run around with them, and chase of any other boys that come after them when that time comes (j/k...well kinda)

FYI I am copying this from another journal that I had online, so the posted dates will all be grouped together. There is a date at the top of each post though, to let you know what day it actually corresponded with.

Let it begin.....

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Mikeís Velocity Diet Experiment Using ALN Products

The following is a journal of what will be a very hard-core experiment in fat loss. It is not something that I created on my own; it was a plan created by Chris Shugart. The basic premise of the plan was to improve on the original ďfat fastĒ diet, using no illegal supplementation, and Bio-Test products.

In a nutshell, here is his version of the diet:
Bio-Test Low Carb Grow!
Hot-Rox
EFAís
Bio-Test Surge (Post WO)
Lotís of water
One solid meal per week (he recommended oatmeal with berries)

My version will follow his plan, using supplements from ALN.
ALN Nitrean
ALN Thermocin
EFAís
Powerade powder
Lotís of water
One solid meal per week.

Why am I doing this? I donít really know. I want to put ALNís supplements to the test, for one thing. I also have tried low carb before and had decent success with it. I realize that this plan is basically a liquid PSMF, and that the concept is nothing new. I think the best part about this being a liquid diet is that it is pretty fool-proof in that I donít have to do anything but scoop things out of a container. Pretty sweet, not to mention less expensive than the alternative. Will I be able to stick with it? Will I get too hungry? Will I lose muscle?

These are all things that I will figure out in the next 28 days.

OK a quick outline of my daily diet/routine:
NOTE: My calorie range that I am shooting for is 1900 on Workout Days, and 1600 on NonWorkout Days. The difference is basically in the post workout carbs that I will be missing. This is based on a formula in the original diet.

In a nutshell, here is what I get to "eat" every day.
9 and 1/2 scoops of Nitrean
4 Tablespoons Flax Seeds
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
10 Fish Oil Caps

On workout days, add on ~60 grams of carbs in the form of powdered gatorade to the above.

Workout are centered around heavy/compounds movements. Lift 3 days a week, and walk briskly in the AM for about a half hour, 6 days a week

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:11 PM
February 16, 2005 (Day 1)
Weight 224.5

Today started interestingly enough. I woke up at 4:30 (this sucked as I didnít go to sleep until midnight). I was also VERY hungry. I immediately thought to myself that this was going to be below average. I took half a scoop of nitrean in water, got dressed and got out the door for my half hour walk.

Got back and had my shake and other supps. I immediately didnít know how I was going to last through this. I was still hungry, not a good sign. I knew that it would take a while for my stomach to realize that there was something there, so I decided to give it a chance, and hopped in the shower and got ready to head to work. About 15-20 minutes after my ďmealĒ I started to feel satisfied. Not full, mind you, but not hungry. SWEET!!!

8AM ďMeal 2Ē = I was definitely ready for this. This meal has some additional fat in it, so it should hold me over longer. I will give this a day or two, but I might end up moving a protein serving from later at night to earlier in the morning. Iíll wait before I make a decision.

9:37AM Ė Pissing like a racehorse!!!!!!!!!!

10:42AM Ė Was pretty hungry, but it has somewhat subsided. Time to Ďeatí in about 20 minutes.

11AM Ė Nutrition time! Iím feeling pretty good. Energy is great considering lack of sleep last night. Focusing on work does not seem to be an issue. My only real distraction so far has been having to pee so much.

Coming soon (12:30 or so) to a torture chamber near you.. A co-workers birthday/leaving the company party, complete with freaking pizza and cake. I knew this was happening today, yet I started my diet today. I could have put it off, but I didnít because I am not going to make excuses. The only reason why I even started on a Wednesday is because I didnít receive all of my supplements until mid-day yesterday. I am HYPED about this!

12:30 AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! The damn pizza is here and the smell has just totally engulfed the office. It spells absolutely awesome, but because this is my first day, motivation is high. Donít worry about me, I am staying away!

2PM Ė Nutrition time. Iím feeling OK. Getting tired of having to pee so much. Energy is OK, would probably be better, but I was stuck sitting in a meeting. Looking forward to the workout, and most of all, my post workout carbs lol

Workout Ė I felt pretty good. I donít feel as strong as usual, but the weights seem to move OK. My goal here is to hit it with good intensity for about a half hour. I think I accomplished that. I did take last week off from the gym, so I didnít go as heavy as I wanted to. Plus I am still trying to figure out how the reduced calories/carbs are going to affect my strength.

Details
Flat BB Bench
Warmup 135 x 15
Warmup 185 x 8
Workset 1 225 x 6
Workset 2 245 x 3
Workset 3 245 x 3
Workset 4 245 x 3
NOTE: For my 3 rep sets, I am making a big effort to push the weight as fast as I can.
Dips
Workset 1 BW x 10
Workset 2 70 x 4
Had my post workout shake and went home. Not nearly as hungry as earlier.

8:30PM Meal time

10PM Ė In bed (a little later than I wanted to, but I gotta pay some attention to the wife.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
February 17, 2005 (Day 2)
Weight 222.5
4:45 Ė Ĺ scoop of nitrean and 3 thermocin and I am out the door for my half hour walk. Iím not nearly as hungry as I was yesterday. That is a beautiful thing!

5:30 Ė Nutrition done.

8:30 Ė Nutrition done. No bad hunger pains so far this morning.

11:30 - Nutrition done.

1PM - Feeling a little bit hungry, but nothing major.

2PM - Nutrition done.

4:45PM - Nutrition done.

5:30ish. - While driving around, I realize that I am feeling kinda weird. I can't really explain it. It is a sensation radiating from inside of me. I don't know if it is hunger pains that I have just gotten used to, the fat burner I am using, or if it is because I have no carbs (besides the flax seeds, which is just fiber) all day. Not quite sure if I like the feeling, but I will deal with it for today.

8:30 - Nutrition done. Hunger has seemingly subsided.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
February 18, 2005 (Day 3)
Weight 219.0

Wow the water weight is flying off like crazy. Today will be leg day, it shall be interesting that is for sure.

I did wake up late today, so I didn't get my morning walk in, and all of my meals are pushed back several hours (I didn't wake up until 7:30). I will do the walk tonight if it is not raining. Check that, I will do it even if it is raining. Take that, adipose tissue!!

Another note: When I wake up I am not hungry at all. I don't really get the hungry feeling until after I eat something. Not sure what this could mean.

7:30AM - nutrition done

10:30AM - nutrition done
(feeling great, no hunger issues so far this morning!)

2:00PM - nutrition done. Was a little bit hungry at this point.

Workout - Today was leg day. My original plan was to continue to do ATF squats. Due to some research I have been doing, and the way I felt after my first work set, I changed my mind lol.

After doing my warmups and my first work set of 225, I decided that I was going to incorporate some box squats into my routine. My weakness right now is hamstring/glute strength as well as flexibility (I tend to start to want to shift my weight to my toes at the bottom of my squat). I decided that now would be a good time to start my squat over, and I also believe that my squat will actually end up increasing faster than if I was to train regular squats.

As I was just feeling my way through this new (to me) exercise, the numbers are kinda weird. Next week will be better.

Squats
Warmup 135 x 8
Warmup 225 x 8
Workset 225 x 6
Box Squats
135 x 8
225 x 8

Post workout nutrtion done

8PM nutrition done

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
February 19, 2005 (Day 4)
Weight 217.5

Nutrition was good all day. I haven't been taking walks the last two days, because I feel like I am getting sick again. So I am trying to get a little bit of extra sleep. I will start with the walks again on Monday.

Had my solid meal today. I had scrambled eggs and some whole wheat toast for dinner. It felt weird to eat real food. The cool thing is that I have been having no real cravings, and hunger pains have been minimal. Today I was out quite a bit, and I had one span of five hours where I didn't have anything. I made it through with no issues.

phatmike
February 20, 2005 (Day 5)
Weight 217.5

I will attribute the no weight loss day to two things... One, I had a solid meal last night which I know I haven't gotten rid of and two, the water weight loss has finally stopped. I know something is going on, my pants are fitting better, and last night when I washed my hands my ring flew off my finger when I was shaking my hands.

On a side note, I think I am going to pick up a cheapy blender today. I have been just using a shaker bottle for the duration of this, and honestly, while the taste of the nitrean is still good, I think a change in texture would really help me out. With a blender I could make some thick variations using ice and stuff. It will be a nice change.

Tomorrow is deadlift day. I am excited to get in the gym.

12:50PM - Nutrition on track so far today.

Nutrition went well all day, but I slacked off on some of my water intake.

phatmike
February 21, 2005 (Day 6)
Weight 217.0

7:15AM -I'm feeling good so far today. I really haven't had any hunger issues or cravings for a couple of days now, which is very nice. At this point I would have to say that the first two days were the toughest. Others who have tried the diet have said that week 2 is the toughest. I sure hope not.

Today will be deadlift day, and I am feeling surprisingly strong today. We'll see if that changes as the day goes by.

Workout
Deadlift 135 x 8
Deadlift 225 x 8
Deadlift 315 x 5
Deadlift 405 x 1
Deadlift 415 x 1
Deadlift 415 x 1
Lat Pulldowns 180 x 5
Lat Pulldowns 200 x 3

Everything felt real good today. My only problem was some slight cravings when my friend brought freaking chipotle (a most excellent burito/taco shop)into the office. I was watching him eat the tacos, and strangely enough, all of the letuce that was on his taco is what was starting to get to me. The smell was good too of course. No straying!!!

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
February 22, 2005 (Day 7)
Weight 216.5

It was raining like crazy this morning, so I went back to bed and got some extra sleep before coming into work. I will get the walk in tonight when I go home if it isn't raining. I gotta say, this weather has been insane! Someone should tell mother nature that this is Phoenix, not freaking Seattle.

From now on, I am not going to be putting any of my nutrition times or anything in here, unless something goes wrong or is out of the ordinary. It is just redundant to keep posting the same thing day in and day out.

Felt good all day. I have been drinking a diet coke on the days when I don't work out. It kind of gives me a treat.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Week 1 Summary

Total weight lost: 8 pounds
Pants are feeling much looser. I am pulling the belt one notch tighter, and I am close to having to pull it two notches tighter. I will definitely need to get some new pants after this is done. I sure am glad I didn't buy them before I started this. Currently I am in a 38 waist, and they just fall off of me. I am going to say I will be in a 34 by the end of this, which will be the smallest I have been since high school. This is freaking sweet.

These four weeks are just the jump start of a 12 week cutting cycle, in which by the end I will see my abs for the first time in my life. COUNT ON IT!!

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:15 PM
February 23, 2005 (Day 8)
Weght 216.0

Feeling strong and motivated. My wife told me last night that I looked smaller, which is always good encouragement. At this point (I know it has only been a week) the biggest obstacle has not been physical hunger at all like I had expected it to be. The biggest thing has been mental. The habit of eating over the last 27+ years is a tough one to break. I know in my heart that I could stop this diet right now and eat cleanly (using the same macro breakdown) and get the same results as far as fat loss and such. But the biggest benefit which I want to be clear on is the tastebud change which I have heard so many others who have tried this diet rave about. People who hated veggies now love them. A tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread is like fine dining. Burger and fries does not appeal.

I want to get to that point, and I know that if I stopped doing the liquid diet thing now, I would not get the full lifelong benefit.

Another thing about it is the challenge to myself. I am going to follow this thing through, because it IS insane. I am learnign a lot about myself during this challenge. One of my goals is to become a personal trainer. Before I can encourage somebody to absolutely COMMIT to doing something even half as insane as this diet, I need to prove to myself that I can do something insane, and not break down. I know it is cliche, but if I can do this, anybody can. I have been in love with food my whole life. I made myself a fat slob because of it. I am just your average Joe, and if I make an awesome transformation, ANYBODY can.

Anyways.......
Today is chest day. I will update after I do my workout.

Workout
Today went well, and I felt better than I did last week.

Flat BB Bench
Warmup 135 x 15
Warmup 185 x 8
Warmup 225 x 6
Workset 250 x 3
Workset 250 x 3
Workset 250 x 3
Dips
70 x 5
BW x 12

phatmike
February 24. 2005 (Day 9)
Weight 216.0

No weight lost between yesterday and today, but no worries. Why?
1) My scale doesn't actually go to the 10th of a pound, it rounds to the nearest half pound. ( So yesterday I might have actually been 216.2, and today 215.8 and it would read the same)
2) I had carbs after workout yesterday, so I might have held a little bit of water from it.
3) No reason to doubt the plan at this point as I have not deviated from it.

Feeling great so far today, but I am looking forward to a healthy solid meal with my wife on Saturday. I'm thinking a nice steak with a bunch of steamed veggies. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

phatmike
February 25, 2005 (Day 10)
Weight 215

My scale is freaking jacked up. I got on it this morning, and it said 214. I was happy, but didn't think it was right. Got on it again...214. OK whatever, maybe I'm a little dehydrated (although I got plenty of water yesterday). Left the bathroom. Came back about a minute later, and hopped on the thing again. 215.5 wtf??? tried again. 215.0 I said screw it and just used the average. btw it is one of those digital display ones. From now on I will take my average of three measurements to determine my weight.

Anyway, today is leg day, and I will be doing box squats again. I forgot to mention that after my last box squat session, my freaking hammies were killing me. I felt some pain in my hips too, which is probably because they got stretched out (I used a fairly wide stance. This is a good thing!)

Will update after the workout.

Workout
Warmup Squat 135 x 8
Box Squat 135 x 8
Box Squat 185 x 8
Box Squat 225 x 4
Box Squat 225 x 4
Regular Squat 225 x 4
Leg Press 360 x 8
Leg Press 450 x 5
Leg Press 450 x 5

This all went pretty well. I really like what the box squats are doing for me.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
February 26, 2005 (Day 11)
Weight 213.5
Feeling great. Hips, hammys, and glutes are sore from the box squats yesterday. Very nice.

Dinner tonight was Grilled chicken marinated in lemon. Had a salad with vinegar and oil. And a baked potato with some butter on it. (So sue me) I ate the while thing, peel and all. It was beautiful.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
February 27, 2005 (Day 12)
Weight 215

What a big surprise, my weight is up. It is all just food weight from the enourmous amout of greens I had last night. It'll be off by Monday. I'm feeling awesome, and this isn't really even a challenge anymore. Seems almost normal to me. It is very easy to say no to food. I am still tempted, don't misunderstand me, but I can easily say no and mean it. This is very cool. Getting close to the halfway mark, and I can't wait to see what it holds in store for me.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
February 28, 2005 (Day 13)
Weight 214.5
Some of the weight from the weekend is gone, and (TMI Alert) based on the size of the loaf at around 9:40 this morning, the rest is gone lol. Feeling good, and I feel pretty strong as well. I love having deadlift day on Monday, first because I love deads, second because for 90 percent of people, today is chest day. That means I get a rack right away, and don't have to worry about waiting for one. (Even though I usually don't have to wait).

Will update after the workout.

Workout
Deads
135 x 15
225 x 8
315 x 5
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
415 x 1
425 x 1

Lat Pulldowns
180 x 5
200 x 2

phatmike
March 1, 2005 (Day 14)
Weight 214.5

Well, the trend continues, I am losing little to no scale weight the day after workout, and again my first reason for this is going to be holding on to a little extra water weight because of the post-workout carbs. I am also starting to wonder if I am actually GAINING muscle. My lifts have not been suffering, and I felt very strong on deads yesterday. Could it be that because of all the protein, lots of healthy fats, and proper post-workout nutrition, that I am not only sparing muscle, but actually building some...even with below maintenance cals? Could be just a dream, but who knows.

phatmike
March 2. 2005 (Day 15)
Weight 213.5
Down another pound. I am basically half way to my goal with half of the time remaining to reach it. One problem... I don't have more water weight to lose. I have to lose a little over 4 pounds each week to achieve my goal. Can I do it? I'm giving it my all, that is for sure.

Today is bench/dip day. I'll update later.

Workout
Bench 135 x 15
Bench 185 x 8
Bench 225 x 6
Bench 250 x 3
Bench 245 x 3
Bench 245 x 2
Bench 225 x 2
Dips 70 x 5
Dips BW x 13

This was probably the worst workout so far on the plan. Just felt very weak. I'm not sure, but there are 3 probable reasons:
1) Workout was much later than usual (around 10PM, normally I work out around 5PM)
2) Possible slight dehyration for the workout. I had a rehearsal (I'm a musician) and was in there for close to three hours. I didn't have a drink the whole time (my fault)
3) Muscle loss. While I am willing to accept some muscle loss, I don't really think this was the issue. I have been feeling great on everything else (I had a great deadlift workout on Monday)

I think it is a combination of 1 and 2. Or it could be "just one of those days". We'll see how it goes next week.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
March 3, 2005 (Day 16)
Weight 213.5

Felt kinda nauseous this morning when I woke up, but it went away quickly. I'm surprised that I wasn't up on scale weight considering that I had my post-workout carbs late last night (workout was around 10PM)

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
March 4, 2005 (Day 17)
Weight 212

WOOT!!! Down to 212. Feeling great. I have been noticing something, and at first I thought it was a coincidence, but now I am not so sure. Yesterday I had HUGE cravings for food. Most of this was because we had lunch brought in to work yesterday, and unlike what normally happens, it was a salad/sandwich thing, with lean meats, lots of veggies etc. All I wanted to do was eat the tomatoes and lettuce. The roast beef was calling me too. I resisted of course, because my solid meal isn't until tomorrow. My observation is this: the day after a "struggle" day, I experience better than usual weight loss. Today I woke up a full pound and a half lighter than usual. To date (barring the first week) the most I have lost in a day is 1 pound. (Let's ignore hydration levels for this example, I know that can play a huge role) Could it be that when I am having these big cravings, that my body "knows" that it have to resort to fat burning and is trying to avoid it by causing cravings for additional calories? I will keep this in mind, but if there IS a correlation, it is huge because it could mean that during my biggest struggles, I can look at it as a "breakthrough moment", which would give me an extra dose of motivation.

Today is leg day, and tomorrow I get to have a solid meal. I will update after the workout.

Workout went OK. Didn't really track what was going on, as I was just doing box squats. Still trying to get a feel for them, and get used to the movement. I was doing sets with 185. Decided not to go up to 225. I then went a did some leg presses. These were
360 x 8
450 x 5
450 x 5
Pretty mellow session...

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:19 PM
March 5, 2005 (Day 18)
Weight 211.0

Well another pound off, but it will be short lived as today will be my solid meal. I think I am going to have scrambled eggs and toast again...for some reason I am craving that is a HUGE way.

People are starting to notice the weight loss. I have had a few people at work tell me, and tonight at church several people commented as well. It is funny, I mean, I SEE the changes in the mirror and feel the changes in the way my pants feel, but the self image often changes much slower than reality. I still look in the mirror and think that I look the same as I did when I started. I know this isn't the case though, and when picture time comes, I know I will see a huge difference. Anyway, the comments from people are really motivating, and give me assurance that things are going well.

phatmike
March 6, 2005 (Day 19)
Weight 212.5

Not much to say today...I love food, and the meal last night was great. Just posted mainly to check my weight in.

phatmike
March 7, 2005 (Day 20)
Weight 212.0

Today is deadlift day, and I am feeling nice and strong. I am going to make it a goal to beat my PR in deads before this thing is over. That would be 460 x 1. I am going to do it, and that will be a great accomplishment, considering all else.

On a side note, we were packing up some clothes this weekend, and I was pulling old pairs of pants off the hangers, and trying them on, and they all fit, pretty easily might I add. These are things I haven't wore in 4+ years. Freaking sweet!

I'll update after the workout, but I am going to attempt 445 today to see how it feels.

Workout went OK today, didn't feel as strong a I did last week I ended up not doing 445 like I had planned, but I did get 425 again. I think I basically just ran out of gas at the end of the workout. I don't know how to explain the feeling completely.

Workout went like this
Deads
135 x 15
225 x 8
315 x 5
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
415 x 1
425 x 1
315 x 1
225 x 8
225 x 8

Didn't do any chins, because I was spent, and needed to get home. On my last rep of the 225, I did a static hold for a good 45 seconds.

I think 460 is out of the question for next week, and probably for the next couple of weeks.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:20 PM
March 8, 2005 (Day 21)
Weight 211.5

I am sore from yesterday, most likely due to the extra couple of sets of light deads that I did yesterday. It was my intent to do that as a short GPP session, and it felt good to do it. I'm getting into the home stretch here, and I don't think I am going to reach my goal in time. I think I am going to get to 208. We will see.

I am going to start creating my diet and workout plan here soon. I will transition out of the V-Diet, and into a more sensible nutrition plan. I think I will keep carbs relatively low (around 100g per day on non-workout days, and around 160 on workout days (because of carbs PWO). I think that I will go for something based around a 10x3 scheme for 4 weeks. Then I will go 5x5 for the four weeks after that. More detail to come later on all of that.

phatmike
March 9, 2005 (Day 22)
Weight 210.0

Five pounds away from my goal. I'm feeling pretty good, but I was pretty tired yesterday. I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should be, as things are pretty hectic around the house.

Last night I had a dream that I had a cheat meal. In my dream I was eating some kind of chinese chicken (think Panda Express or whatever) and rice. In my dream I was SO pissed of that I was eating it...

Then I woke up. It took me a second to realize that I had not done the unthinkable. I was relieved to say the least.

Today is bench day, and I hope to hell that it goes better than last week. I have a rehearsal again, so I won't be in the gym until late again tonight. I will be consious of my hydration levels this time, and maybe get a few carbs (maybe 20g or so) before I head in. I'm hoping this will get me back to at least status quo.

I'll update after the workout or tomorrow AM.

OK, well I was weak and pathetic in the gym today.
Here it is:
Bench
135 x 15
185 x 8
225 x 6
250 x 2
245 x 2
230 x 2
225 x 2
225 x 2
This was a struggle, and I was pissed. I'm hoping that the cause of this is from the reduced carbs and cals, and the fact that I am wasting myself on deads on Monday. Due to the fact that my deads are still going well, I don't think I am losing too much muscle. I guess I'll find out when my cals and carbs increase after this diet.
Dips
70 x 5
BW x 14 (This is the best I have done during the plan, so this was somewhat encouraging)

phatmike
March 10, 2005 (Day 23)
Weight 210.0
No weight lost, but no surprise there, due to the late night carbs, and additional fluids I had late in the day yesterday. More and more people are noticing the change in me, and that is vey motivating. I can't wait to see the comparison pictures. Even beyond that, I can't wait to see what this is going to lead to in the future as far as my life and health go.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
March 11, 2005 (Day 24)
Weight 209.5

NICE!! I haven't been below 210 in about 4 years. This thing is almost over, but the reality is, it is just a jump start to bigger and better things. I know that in 5 or 10 years, I am going to look back at this time in my life and say, "That is where the turning point was."

Anyway, the only negative thing going on right now is how tired I feel. It is flat out DIFFICULT to get up in the morning. I'm OK once I actually get up, but doing that is tough.

I'm not going to reach my goal weight, but I was shooting high. I wasn't expecting to reverse the results of my bad habits in 4 weeks. LIke I have mentioned, this is just a stepping stone.

Today is leg day, and I probably won't post any numbers, mostly because box squats are still new to me and I am trying to figure some things out about them. The weight is not a concern for me right now.

I have one more lifting session before the end of this (Monday..deads) and then I will probably hit the gym light once or twice to assist in recovery. At that point, I will start a new routine (I am currently working out the details of that).

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:22 PM
March 12, 2005 (Day 25)
Weight 208.5

Just a check in to input my weight. No news to report, other thatn I can't wait to eat something tonight.

phatmike
March 13, 2005 (Day 26)
Weight 210

Had meatballs in tomato sauce with some whole what pasta last night. It was most excellent, although probably not the best choice as far as meals go. My wife is a great cook.

This morning I woke up late and didn't have time to make my shake before I went to church. Problem 1: I had to be there at 7:15 and wasn't going to leave until around 12:30. Solution: They serve breakfast before the first service. I decided to have 4 hard boiled eggs and a couple of bites out of an apple. This, plus the 3 cups of coffee held me over till I got home and was able to prepare my shake. This is my first non-compliance during the plan, but it wasn't too bad.

phatmike
March 14, 2005 (Day 27)
Weight 210

Same weight, but not a surprise there. Today is deadlift day, and the last workout session of this plan. I am going to do my best to get over the 425 hump, but we will see.

Here are the results from the workout:
Deadlift
135 x 15
225 x 8
315 x 5
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1
225 x 16
Note: This one I decided to see how many of these I could do at 225. I was able to pull about 10 without stopping, then I held the bar (never let is rest on the ground) and tried to catch my breath. I did reps of 1 or 2 until I was done. I liked this.

I think I strained something in my upper back/shoulder during one of the heavier pulls. I couldn't really turn my head without some pain for the rest of the night. It feels similar to when I sleep wrong and my neck is stiff. I'm not really concerned about it, it is more annoying than anything else.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:23 PM
March 15, 2005 (Day 28)
Weight 208.0

Well, this is the last day, and it has been an interesting journey to say the least. My neck is still kinda stiff, but it doesn't feel terrible so I will just give it some rest. I'm not doing any heavy lifting for another week or week and a half. I am going to miss my goal weight, but I am pretty sure that I will hit 207.5 tommorrow, so I will only miss it by 2.5 pounds. Not too bad at all. I will be posting my next diet in the next couple of days, along with the new workout plan. This will probably go in a new journal, as I don't want to bloat this one. I think I am going to trim off all of my extra body hair and take pics tomorrow morning. I will post them here, so I can get some comparisons going.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
March 16, 2005 (Final Check In)
Weight .....

Yeah baby!!!
Total weight lost was 17.5 pounds. Missed my goal by 2 pounds. Not too shabby. And this is just the beginning! I have dedicated myself to the goal of seeing some freaking abs. Count on seeing the pictures on my birthday.

Oh yeah ....pictures. Here is a final collage of my progress during the past four weeks.. I think the back comparison is my favorite for sure...Starting to get that 'V'. I still have alot of fat to lose, but I am well on my way.

Relentless
03-23-2005, 03:27 PM
just read your success story on Atlarge.

Nice work, Mike.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks Callahan.
It's all just beginning for me...
I will update this later today to let everyone know what my plan is like currently. I've been on a more traditional approach for the past week and moving forward...

ryuage
03-23-2005, 03:35 PM
well if it aint broke why fix it? great job.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks ryuage.

As far as the macro breakdown goes, the plan I am on is very similar (about 200 more calories though, from low GI carbs and more whole foods. I still use about 5 scoops of Nitrean per day though). I switched up mainly because I wanted to make sure that all of my nutritional bases were covered (which comes with the addition of lots of veggies). Plus I now HAVE the discipline needed to make the switch back over to whole foods. This is a benefit I will explain more later when I get a chance.

phatmike
03-23-2005, 04:17 PM
OK as I said I would, here is what I am doing nutrition wise right now.

Meal 1 Omelete
1 cup Egg Beaters
1 Whole Egg
1/3 Cup Diced Lean Ham
1 slice American Cheese
Handfull of Fresh Spinach
3 Fish Caps
Meal 2
1 and 1/2 scoops of Nitrean
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
3 Fish Caps
Meal 3
1 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
Spinach Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
10 or so baby carrots
Meal 4
1 can tuna with spicy mustard on 1 slice of whole wheat bread (toasted)
Meal 5
2 scoops Nitrean
3 fish caps
Meal 6 (right before bed)
1 scoop nitrean

NOTE
On workout days, I take the fish caps out of meal 5 and add 1 big scoop (roughly 60 carbs worth) of powdered gatorade to meal 5. I then will take 3 fish caps during meal 6.

This comes out to roughly 210g Protein ~60 grams of fat and the carbs are dependent on the day, but I try to keep below 100g daily (I go slightly over this on workout days due to the PWO carbs)

getfit
03-23-2005, 04:19 PM
honestly! way to go! congrats! keep it up! :)

getfit
03-23-2005, 04:23 PM
and yes i'm addicted to nitrean as well it's all chris's and Dan's fault bah! ;)

phatmike
03-23-2005, 04:42 PM
OK now for the not so obvious benefits that this diet provided me...

1) I now KNOW I have the dedication and mental strength to accomplish any goal.
2) I have learned that food is fuel and nothing more. After 28 days of Nitrean, non-fat cottage cheese and a spinach salad is like 5-star cuisine. This effect has not gone away or diminished in the week since I completed the 4 weeks. Based on other people experience who have tried this, this does not go away.