PDA

View Full Version : Protein bars and workout plan.

josepp
03-23-2005, 06:17 PM
What are some protein bars I should consider buying?

I recently been trying to lose body fat but adding muscle at the same time. Anyways.. are there any workouts or advice that anyone can give me?
Basically.. what I want to do is lose the body fat and gain definition. I'm not trying to bulk up or anything. I seem to do just fine with that hahaha. I have more trouble losing the fat and gaining the definition that I really want.

Any workout plans for advice?

Slim Schaedle
03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Don't buy any protein bars unless you absolutely have to (not having time to prepare real meals)

In regards to you second question, read the articles and the posts/stickies currently existing on this site.

Jabberwocky
03-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Protein bars imo are too expensive and loaded with too much sugar. If you insist on having a bar I think you should do a search for protein bar recipes and make them yourself.

Jilla82
03-23-2005, 09:39 PM
how bad is the sugar factor???

I ask because im a waiter and we dont get breaks...so the only thing i can do is put a few bars in my apron and eat the as fast as possible when i get a chance

Jabberwocky
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Not real terrible, but there is alot of added crap in protein bars you just don't want to take in. Just make your own and baggy em up and stick them in your apron, you will save yourself some serious $$.

muscle chic
03-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Myoplex makes low sugar protein bars. Watch the calories in them!! but you will be using the protein bar as a meal replacement.

Holto
03-24-2005, 09:07 AM
the only thing i can do is put a few bars in my apron and eat the as fast as possible when i get a chance

no,

this is the only thing you *think* you can do

you have to be more resourcefull

there are people that get up 3hrs before they have to be at work and cook for the day

& a simple solution is to make your own bars

I would make an energy bar based on oatmeal and drink a shake

also don't kill yourself if you can't eat during work

often just eating right before and right after is just as effective

all the myths about frequent meals speeding your metabolism are just that; myths

VAHunter50CAL
03-24-2005, 03:37 PM
DO NOT BUY PROTEIN BARS!!!!!!! they are horrible, never contain the amount of protein they say they do and make you look like you are doing atkins diet. the latter being the main reason why not to buy them.

Built
03-24-2005, 03:44 PM
??? on Atkins diet???

Just get a whey shake. Toss couple scoops into a shaker, fill it with water and knock it back when you're on shift.

vypergts
03-24-2005, 06:58 PM
DO NOT BUY PROTEIN BARS!!!!!!! they are horrible, never contain the amount of protein they say they do and make you look like you are doing atkins diet. the latter being the main reason why not to buy them.

"Make you look like..." ? Is a diet a spectator sport??

I'll admit there are a ton of more knowledgable people on here than me and I'm pretty new but I don't understand the overwhelming objection to protien bars? I understand its better to eat regular food but I don't know why they aren't considered a good supplement.

Jabberwocky
03-24-2005, 07:19 PM
because they have the protein (thats good) they have alot of crap in them you don't want. They are too pricey, too chewy, and too ill flavored to justify a purchase. You can make your own bar with more flavor, more protein, less chewy and less sugar for next to nothing.

Sidior
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I agree with you guys, but some people have the money for bars but not the time to make their own...

neartaigh
03-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Other portable options are...yes, this is revolutionary...but sandwiches are good. If you aren`t doing a low carb plan, whole grain bread is great. Put peanut butter, chicken salad....whatever on it. WAAAAY better than protien bars.

The micronutrients you get from real food will always trump frankenfood.

Built
03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
yes, this is revolutionary...but sandwiches are good.

LMFAO!