PDA

View Full Version : Veggin' Out

pastdoubt
11-29-2001, 10:13 PM
Okay, I got this crazy idea today. I have been doing good whilst cutting (I've cut a good 20 lbs - mostly water I'm sure, but I can tell a big difference - in the last 2-1/2 months or so, but arms have increased 1/2"... no sh*t!), but I've noticed the last few weeks, progress has increased due to cutting out bad carb sources (bread and Nesquick! LOL, yeah I still made lots o' progress though), or at least I'm holding less water and feeling better during the day. So here's my question. If I stayed around the same amount of carbs each day, but got them mostly from Vegetables (yeah, I know, that's a sh*tload of veggies, but I've been craving them lately! MMMMM.... steamed, w/ butter flavored substitute stuff - 0 fat by the way) would that be okay? I mean vegetables aren't very calorie dense, but assuming I could eat that much would it be better than say oatmeal and fruit? Oh yeah and should I count the protein found in veggies or do some weird thing like subtract 1g. protein for every 1g. fiber or some crap like that?

Beefy Boy
11-30-2001, 12:00 AM
You can do a cutting diet where you eat vegetables and salads for your carbs but you still must have your post-workout carbs in the form of simple sugars.In doing this you must up your protein intake and increase your fat intake(preferably good fats).

In fact this is what i am kind of going to do with my cutting diet starting as of tomorrow.You can check out my journal from tomorrow onwards to see my progress.