PDA

View Full Version : carb calorie question

AzBboy
03-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone, I was reading somehwere that certain carbohydrates contain NO calories. Anyone know anything about this? I think it was something like subtract the fiber from the carb total or something or other. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

Built
03-26-2005, 10:05 PM
No calories?

Perhaps wood pulp?

:scratch:

spanky33
03-26-2005, 10:43 PM
even fiber has calories.
most ppl think fiber has no calories, but the fact is that each gram of soluble fiber contains 1.5 calories.

Dirt
03-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone, I was reading somehwere that certain carbohydrates contain NO calories. Anyone know anything about this? I think it was something like subtract the fiber from the carb total or something or other. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

I think what you're referring to are so-called "negative calorie" foods. That is to say foods that take more calories to digest than they yield. I googled it for you:

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040107.html

I don't know why you're asking though, you could never really plan a healthy or even reasonable diet around such foods. Or at least not in any meaningful way for bodybuilding purposes.

Built
03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Quite right about the soluble fibre. The insoluble stuff can be different, though methinks.