PDA

View Full Version : Still hungry after eating....

Gr3mlin73
03-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Sometimes when I eat my food, usually two to three hours apart (3 hr maximum) I find that I am still hungry. I take it that ignoring it would be bad, so what do I do? Drinking more water doesnt help me so should I just consume more carbs to tide me over? BTW, I am bulking at the moment.
Thanx in advance for any advice.

Vido
03-27-2005, 02:55 AM
Are you gaining weight at a rate you are happy with? If yes, then don't change anything. If not, then start eating more.

no regrets
03-27-2005, 10:47 AM
yeah man, more water is what I do in between meals but if you are still hungry try eating some fruit to hold you over. I know exactly how you feel.

Collegekid
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, even when bulking it's frustrating to set up a meal plan for the day and then get off course because you can't stick to it.

In general, I'd say if you're hungry while bulking it's probably better to err on the side of eating more, not less. But if you don't want to get off your meal plan, try drinking something hot like tea or coffee, that sometimes makes me less hungry.

Also, you can snack on foods that basically have no calories, like celery. The fiber in it will make you a little full but it has so few calories that it will hardly affect your daily count.

spanky33
03-27-2005, 11:18 AM
eating fruit right after a meal causes satiety. if you dont mind feeling a little bloated, eat a piece of fruit right after your meal.

fixationdarknes
03-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Also, you can snack on foods that basically have no calories, like celery. The fiber in it will make you a little full but it has so few calories that it will hardly affect your daily count.

I've heard that the amount of calories you will burn by just picking up the piece of celery and eating it is more than the amount of calories that celery actually has...making you lose weight by eating celery possibly? But like you said, the caloric difference is so little that eating one Cheez-It would probably fix it.

waynis
03-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Fat satisfies hunger. Are you eating little fat? Sometimes what you eat could make you hungrier also. Is your diet clean?

Collegekid
03-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I've heard that the amount of calories you will burn by just picking up the piece of celery and eating it is more than the amount of calories that celery actually has...making you lose weight by eating celery possibly? But like you said, the caloric difference is so little that eating one Cheez-It would probably fix it.

Yeah the difference is negligible. I read somewhere that while you technically burn more calories by digesting it than by eating it, even if you ate like a thousand pieces of celery a day it wouldn't make any significant difference at all.

shansen008
03-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Carbs make you "feel" hungrier....if anything eat something rich in good fat and protein, both have a much bigger impact on satiety.

HalleluYAH
03-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Sometimes when I eat my food, usually two to three hours apart (3 hr maximum) I find that I am still hungry. I take it that ignoring it would be bad, so what do I do? Drinking more water doesnt help me so should I just consume more carbs to tide me over? BTW, I am bulking at the moment.
Thanx in advance for any advice.

Buy a big bag of green beans at your local grocery store produce section.

When you feel hungry between meals, rinse off 6-10 beans an eat 'em uncooked. Problem solved. ;)

getfit
03-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Buy a big bag of green beans at your local grocery store produce section.

When you feel hungry between meals, rinse off 6-10 beans an eat 'em uncooked. Problem solved. ;)
green beans huh?

Vido
03-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Carbs make you "feel" hungrier....if anything eat something rich in good fat and protein, both have a much bigger impact on satiety.

I agree with this point too.

waynis
03-27-2005, 06:34 PM
If you eat any type of food with a good amount of fiber it will also keep you longer. Fiber and Fat. Those 2 combinations will eliminate hunger pains.

spanky33
03-27-2005, 06:41 PM
soluble fiber to be more precise