PDA

View Full Version : Worst night for years

NOPowerPaul
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
As I type this I am completely exhausted. I was totally fine yesterday all day until I had my tea which was nothing different to what I usually have. I felt rather bloated after finishing it around 19:00. My stomach seemed to get worse but I've had this prob before, it just balloons out like I'm pregnant and goes rock solid. I ignored it and than ar 21:30 I had my final meal of the day, nothing unusual about it. I then immediatly felt worse. After an hour of walking around moaning in pain I vomitted bad style. I was holding it in as I didn't want to loose all the cals but in the end my stomach won.

My stomach was slightly better for ten minutes after but then went back to the same. I've been up all night in pain unable to sleep and I'm no exhausted and still in bad pain as aches have set in all over my body.

I've taken all my usual vitamins this morning but decided to skip my cardio and abs work out. I've not eaten anything because I don't feel upto it yet but it does not seem to be getting better. I've got my weight workout tomorrow and don't want to skip it but don't want to train with no energy I'll end up injuring myself.

Anyone else found themselves in this situation and how did you pull things together? Help really appreciated.

Adam
03-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Rest.
Sounds like you got a virus.
Take ~5-7days off from the gym, it will do you good.

NOPowerPaul
03-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Managed some Chicken soup yesterday and Lucozade and slept most of the day. I was crapping lots of water and burping up lots of gas from hours and coughing up lots of flem. Last night I had really heartburn and did not sleep again.

This morning I felt a little better although I still feel as though I can't keep anything down and am constantly having diorhea. Stomach is still bloated and there is still a lot of weird noises, rumbles, squelches coming from down there.

Missed today's workout, just trying to drink as much water as possible. My wife said there is a stomach bug/virus going around the town were I live and I've always had a weak stomach so chances are I've got that.

Probably from work. Check this, there is only one towel for 14 people in the entire company. It sits on a red hot radiator all day, that is just a breading ground for germs, bacteria etc? From now on I'm taking my own towel to work.

Rik-s
03-28-2005, 04:52 AM
It sits on a red hot radiator all day, that is just a breading ground for germs, bacteria etc?
Yes it is.

From now on I'm taking my own towel to work
Probably a good (most sanitary) decision regardless of wether this has been work related or not.

shansen008
03-28-2005, 11:48 AM
You sure you didnt eat something bad? a LOT of people get mild food poisoning and never even know it...they just write it off as "the 24 hour flu".

NOPowerPaul
03-29-2005, 04:16 AM
I felt perfectly fine, no coughs, colds sniffles. As I have asthma I can generally tell right away when I have a cold or flu bug. This is the first time in ten years plus I have vomitted from just a bad stomach.

I've read up on stomach viruses and you don't have to have eaten something dodgy. I recently switched protein powders and my stomach has been a bit off for two weeks leading into this. A bit bloated, and this weekend I guess my body couldn't take it anymore.

It's pissed me off badly, I feel weak but I'm still going to train tomorrow, it's squat day.