PDA

View Full Version : TRying to cut weight ...

asgdrew
03-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, im a big kid, 19 years old 200 lbs but only 5'7. Pretty strong and muscular but ive got alot of fat from all of those college parties and drinking. Ive cut the drinking down to almost zero but every now and then ill enjoy a beer, maybe once a week.

now ive got my diet checked. I'm not one to carry a calculator around with me all over the place and worry about all the measurements of earch nutrient. I just keep it simple.

so my biggest concner is if i do weight lifting 3 times a week with cardio 5 times a week is that too much? I plan on doing this:

m - lift + 20 min cardio after
t - 40 minutes cardio
w - same as monday
th - 40 minutes cardio
f - same as monday + wed.

sunday or saturday ill do HIIT or just a few sprints and plyo stuff.

Is that too much for a cutting workout? thanks for u input dguys
any and all info/advice/insight is much appreciated

Built
03-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Doesn't sound like too much, but... it's meaningless unless you have your diet dialled in. Sadly, bulking OR cutting is at least 80% diet.

How much of a caloric deficit are you planning to run, and what's your timeline - how much do you want to drop in how long?

spanky33
03-27-2005, 04:10 PM
that sounds pretty much like how i lost weight. and i had similar beginning stats as you. 5'8, 185. lost 55lbs like that.
but i couldn't agree with Built more. it is almost all diet.

asgdrew
03-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Im trying to keep it simple. if any of you are in college, especially living on campus, youll know keeping a scheduled diet is hard. It's very hard to get the exact amount of calories in a cafeteria meal so i am aiming around a general number between 1700-1900 cals a day.

but this is generally what i follow

breakfast -
two slices of bread
two fried egg whites
four hard boiled egg whites
some type of meat such as ham or CBH.
Apple juice and milk.
Oatmeal whenever they serve it at the cafe.
Also, fruit, usually a banana or an apple.

Lunch -
1 glass of skim milk
1 sandwich of tuna or turkey or chicken on white bread/wrap. no mayo/butter.
1 salad
OR

some pasta with fish or chicken if it is being served and a salad

Dinner -
whatever they have... rice, a lil bit of pasta, some typpe of lean meat, raw vveggies if available or a salad.

Throughout the day i drink a gallon or more of water and try to consume two to three apples/pears/ or bananas if possible including what i have during my meals

Also, i am taking 4 pills of hydroxycut a day in order to help curb my appetite, which ive noticed in the past was the main downfall in my previous attempts to lose weight.

thanks guys.

edit- o yeah, im hoping to get to about 165-160 by august. Do you think a more realistic goal would be 170?

asgdrew
03-27-2005, 07:40 PM
damn no more replies?

Jabberwocky
03-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Looks to me like you need to eat more.

Eat six meals a day, use shakes if you have to.

read this article http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=156 , and do some reading in forums most questions you probably want to ask have been asked 100 X.