PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal Vs Cereal

YungLifter
03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
i knw that oatmeal is good but imo certain cereal like Total Protien cereal is better, it has 14G protien,8G carb 2.5G fat, 100% all vitamins and stuff like that + the milk

getfit
03-27-2005, 05:47 PM
i've heard of that cereal but haven't tried it yet! i do love my oats tho and eat plenty of it!

neartaigh
03-27-2005, 05:58 PM
The point of eating oatmeal isn`t to get protien--- it`s to get low glycemic carbs that provide glycogen for your muscles.

Oatmeal has a lower GI than wheat and other grains found in your usual cereals.

If you are looking to get a good protien breakfast, I`d say you should toss the cereal altogether and have an omelette instead.

HalleluYAH
03-27-2005, 06:07 PM
The point of eating oatmeal isn`t to get protien--- it`s to get low glycemic carbs that provide glycogen for your muscles.

If you are looking to get a good protien breakfast, I`d say you should toss the cereal altogether and have an omelette instead.
:thumbup: What he said.

YungLifter
03-27-2005, 06:47 PM
o i didnt know that hm what type of oatmeal is best?

fixationdarknes
03-27-2005, 07:11 PM
o i didnt know that hm what type of oatmeal is best?

I dunno, I just get plain oatmeal that I cook on the stove. Then I add a banana and Natty PB to it. It's usually pretty good, but sometimes I get sick of eating it every day.

neartaigh
03-27-2005, 10:57 PM
:thumbup: What he said.

I`m a girl.

Steel cut oats is the best, but it`s a pain in the ass to cook up.

I just use Quaker instant. 1 part oatmeal, 2 parts water, microwave for 2.5 minutes. Add protien powder after cooking...a little milk and some splenda....done.

Double D
03-28-2005, 12:13 AM

:withstupi

As well most cereals are high in carbs, mostly sugar yet dont fill you up near as much as a bowl of oatmeal. Sure there are some low sugar cereals, but they still dont fill you up as much as oatmeal.

no regrets
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I use quaker oats. I just put them in a bowl, add milk, and eat like cereal. It is much more convienent than cooking and it tastes good too.