PDA

View Full Version : very very upset

staytru
03-29-2005, 03:33 AM
i honestly wanted to cry today :(

i lost around 2.5 stones apprx 35lbs of weight in the space of 6-7 months, now i look better i know i do, i feel better but seriously people are not getting of my back saying im too skinny now and my arms look really tiny

i put up with this for atleast 5 months now, people having a go at me. Ive increased my caloric intake, eating much more, and people claiming that im losing even more weight :( :'(

please please help me, i know im not overtraining, ive even limited cardio lifting only 2 times a week/ 3 max and my wrists and arms just look laughable HELP ME!!

ryuage
03-29-2005, 03:55 AM
eat

more

food

staytru
03-29-2005, 04:20 AM
eat

more

food

yeah.. but eat what? increase what?? when?

i am following the majority of foods on 'what a bodybuilder eats'

i dont want to get a fatty face again either or turn into a fatty AGAIN, :bang: thats my biggest fear and dilemma. help!!

ryuage
03-29-2005, 04:57 AM
eat...... more food

increase ..... your food

when ...... ever you want

geez man, you want to gain weight how do you think you are going to accomplish this?
dont expect to look like friggin he-man over night.

crazedwombat
03-29-2005, 06:09 AM
or dont gain weight, eat tons of food and just pack on the mass. and as the guns get bigger, you will look lean and built instead of just skinny.

staytru
03-29-2005, 06:14 AM
true true, lol ryuage.. funny guy

yeah but how often should i lift? currently i was doing Monday upper body, friday lower body and sunday cardio

any ideas?
(btw i am 6ft3/4 and 170lbs)

asgdrew
03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
dude, eat alot of prtein, like have four or five egg whites for breakfast with ham, two glasses of milk, eat peanut butter like it was your job, eat as many fruits and veggies as you please and eat tuna by the can fulls. Get a protein shake if you want and drink 3 or 4 a day. Dont be afraid of eating, as long as you are lifting intesne and often enough, those cals will turn into muscle. OBviously dont go crazy and have 4 or 5 cheeseburgers in a day.

You need to lift more than two times a week. and do as little cardio as possible, maybe once a week or twice at most just to keep your heart working so it can adjust to the weight gain properly.

try to go on a three or four day split such as

monday - chest, tri, shoulders
wed- back, biceps
friday - legs (SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS they will make you grow)

dont be afraid of compound movements (bench, squat, dead lift, military press, good mornings) and moving large weights (as long as you can handle it) because that will make you grow. How long have you been lifting and what does your current routine look like? Also, post your current diet. im no expert on diets but il try to help with a routine.

spanky33
03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
hey man, i know where you're coming from, let me put a few things into perspective (from personal experience).
1) u mentioned that u've been at this weight for 5 months. that's good. chances are your body has really adapted to this new weight. i know mine has. and trust me, it's not easy to gain weight back quickly. i lost 55 lbs and i always figured my body would be quick to store fat. but after a few months of holding the new weight, your body just gets used to it and stops you from gaining fat (unless u eat junk non stop for days in a row).
2) obviously u have changed since your fat day-and i mean mentally- you are more wise with eating decisions. i'm sure back then, you'd eat junk even if you weren't hungry, and didn't give it a second thought. now you're obviously wiser, you will think twice before stuffing your face with cheesecake. and if you indulge once in a while, i promise you - it wont make you fat (trust me! it took me long to realize this, i was always scared of gaining weight back from one piece of junk food).
3) you're probably more athletic now. you go to the gym more often, you have more lean mass. so chances are, if you do put on weight, most of it will be muscle.

it took me a long time to realize these things. u'll be fine. just eat more, eat cleanly, and keep lifting. u'll thank me when u get broader shoulders and a bigger chest.

good luck

Woodward
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
spanky that helps me out alot, it reinforces my questions too, thanks

Collegekid
03-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I lost a lot of weight too...about 35 lbs. Then when I decided to gain some back, I was nervous that I would gain fat quickly. However, I realized that it was actually harder for me to gain weight than it was to lose it. So I've gradually increased my calories and lost my fear of eating.

Think about it this way....if you eat a lot of food and don't workout, you're going to gain weight, most of it fat. If you eat a lot AND workout, you're going to gain weight, but it will inevitably be partly or mostly muscle. So just workout, eat a lot and gain muscle, and if you gain too much fat you can always burn it off again later.

PizDoff
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Ignore

The

Negative

Things people say about you.
You seem to be on the right track.

staytru
03-29-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah man y'all true motivators

love for y'all, hopefully i'll do well and get bigger

thanks for the motivation

Spartan936
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
eat peanut butter like it was your job.

haha.

Teh lifting will burn teh calories and create teh muscle and your fat gain will be minimal. I like the "KISS" principle myself:

keep it simple stupid.

Simplicity was the only way I ever gained any significant amount of muscle. I ate every wholesome food in sight, I lifted hard on a regular schedule, and I made sure my lifts and my weight were going up weekly. Basically what everyone else already said.

:whip: Eat! :burger: