PDA

View Full Version : My Body Hates Me -- And You Too

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 08:27 AM
I posted this in my journal, yes; but, given how frustrated I feel, and how desperate I am for advice, I thought I'd cross-post it here. Forgive me.

I need some help here:

If anyone happens to be reading this -- if so, I apologize, as I realize that few things on earth are quite as soporific as my tendency toward excessive introspection and consequent maudlin self-excoriation -- I'd like your thoughts on the following observations:

1) Over the past ten days, there is no way I've eaten, on average, eucalorically; and over the past three or four days, things have only worsened. My lifts have decreased somewhat, particular yesterday; I feel unaccountably tired, my legs listless, my thoughts hazed and often absent entirely. And when I write "eucalorically," I refer to the intake that was previously necessary for me to maintain, even to slowly gain, when doing far less cardio than I've done over the past ten days. Hence, while maintenance has likely increased, my intake has -- at least over the timespan in question -- decreased.

2) Despite this, I feel, somehow, as if I've put on appreciable fat in this time-span. Yet this is not sufficient time to deposit noticeable subcutaneous adipose tissue, no? Hence, is it not reasonable that my muscles are simply depleted, that I'm "flat", etc? My vascularity -- my "cutness," if you will -- has noticeably decreased; and I certainly feel smaller. Hell, just two weeks ago I was tested at 6.5% BF%; my lifts were increasing; I felt strong, satisfied, and superb.

I don't know how to account for this. I want to say that I've gained fat -- but is that possible over such a timespan? And I wonder why I'm neither as vascular, nor as full, nor as cut as I was. The reason I ask is that I'm struggling to find the will to keep eating the 2500cal/day I've been eating (for the past two days, that is; over the past two weeks, I was averaging much less than this). I want desperately to start restricting again...

Any ideas?

Blood&Iron
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Plagiarist.

MM
03-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Maybe you're getting sick.

spencerjrus
03-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Maybe you're getting sick.

happened to me.

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Plagiarist.

It's not plagiarism if you wrote it yourself :)

(Well, okay, technically, it is, I guess. But that's not the point.)

Paul Stagg
03-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Eating less, not energetic, and 'feel' that you've gained fat?

How long since you've taken a break?

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Um....

A year?

Never?

MM
03-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Perhaps you should check that out.

Blood&Iron
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM
It's not plagiarism if you wrote it yourself :)

(Well, okay, technically, it is, I guess. But that's not the point.)
Huh?

Exhibit One:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=29840&page=1

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
DAMN!

I thought you meant my cross-posting. I swear to god I didn't realize you'd written that -- it must have lurked somewhere n my subconscious.

Sorry, man. Didn't mean to.

Blood&Iron
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM
DAMN!

I thought you meant my cross-posting. I swear to god I didn't realize you'd written that -- it must have lurked somewhere n my subconscious.

Sorry, man. Didn't mean to.
Totally not serious, dude.

In fact, I'm quite flattered.

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Well, you know what they say...

(And, no, don't worry: I'm not actually going to complete the bromide.)

Any thoughts on the "symptoms," btw?

Patz
03-29-2005, 11:00 PM
I think you used too many words that most people don't see in a lifetime. They made enough sense to me in their environment within the sentences, but it wasn't incredibly reader-friendly.

That said..take some time off..it does wonders.

Shao-LiN
03-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Yah, this is the internet, don't need to flex your SAT words...keep it simple =P.

_-_v_-_
03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
:)

lol. Point well taken. THe scary thing is...that's how I actually TALK. I swear to god I don't mean to do it; I just do.

Shao-LiN
03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Yah, I used to talk in a similar fashion, but it died down after awhile. I find it easier to talk to people when they understand what I'm saying =P.

Maki Riddington
03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
As simple as this sounds, a break away from watching what you eat can do wonders and may even help you in the long run. I know Lyle M goes into this in his new books.

galileo
03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I've told you exactly what I think and I have a good feeling it is correct.

7L water + lower calories + lack of appreciable sodium = flat muscles and softer appearance.

Punk In Drublic
04-02-2005, 08:25 AM
soporific, introspection, consequent maudlin self-excoriation, eucalorically, and subcutaneous adipose tissue.

I hate you for having said those words.

And for an answer to your page long question (lol only messin with you), take a week off and eat like ****.

_-_v_-_
04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
lol.

That's okay; I hate me too :)

As for a week off: I'll only hate myself more if I do that.

Things have improved, though. And while I have no way of knowing precisely why they have improved -- whether because of my dietary changes or simply because I managed to get over whatever slight intestinal bug I may have provided temporary residence -- the fact remains that, yes, they have improved.