PDA

View Full Version : General Diet Question

thesailor
03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Just started my first routine yesterday. I've read that I should eat 1g of protein for every lb of my weight. So if I'm eating my 145g of protein plus my healthy fats/oils, fruits, and veggies am I good? Is it necessary to count calories or do I the other essential nutrients I need? To bulk up is it the number of protein grams that one consumes rather than the actual calorie intake?

Thanks (Sorry if these questions are stupid. I have a lot to learn :D)

raniali
03-29-2005, 12:29 PM
protein is a necessary building block for muscle, but your body also requires carbs and fat as well. overall calories ARE important - because if you are not supply enough energy for your body (also known as calories), your body will eat itself for energy. we would like for our body to always choose fat deposits, but when you are lifting seriously and not supplying enough good stuff, your body will eat the muscle you are trying to desperately to pack on.

i always think it is a good idea to log calories for at least a few days to have some idea of how much you are consuming. so when you come back and post that you aren't making any gains or can't lose weight, we/you have an idea why.