PDA

View Full Version : UD2...oh...my......God

dw06wu
03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Lyle really was not ****ing around when he said that the low carb volume workout was shocking.

I can say with utmost confidence that, barring the night my parents got a divorce, and the day I tore two ligaments in my knee, this has been the worst experience of my life.

I just got back from the gym. I could not finish half of the full body volume workout and I am ****ed. You are supposed to do 30-45 minutes of cardio after this!?!? How can you possibly keep up with this regimen? It is looking grim for me.

Does your body adjust to this? Can someone give me some positive encouragement to stay with this diet (please!!!)?? I feel absolutely horrible. I can't believe I have the energy to even type this post. Wow.

wow.

Chubrock
03-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Anytime you shock your body, it will take time for it to adjust. Stick with it bro, you'll get it going in no time. I know after working for strength for a good bit of time, the first few sessions I did towards size REALLY took it out from me. You'll be at it before long.

[[[----]]]
03-29-2005, 07:27 PM
You already started so keep it up....dont be a P@##y!

Manveet
03-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Lyle really was not ****ing around when he said that the low carb volume workout was shocking.

I can say with utmost confidence that, barring the night my parents got a divorce, and the day I tore two ligaments in my knee, this has been the worst experience of my life.

I just got back from the gym. I could not finish half of the full body volume workout and I am ****ed. You are supposed to do 30-45 minutes of cardio after this!?!? How can you possibly keep up with this regimen? It is looking grim for me.

Does your body adjust to this? Can someone give me some positive encouragement to stay with this diet (please!!!)?? I feel absolutely horrible. I can't believe I have the energy to even type this post. Wow.

wow.

You'll adjust.

I always find the first depletion workout of the week to be the most difficult.

I usually split the depletion workouts into 4, instead of the regular 2.

So say you are supposed to deplete Monday and Tuesday it would look like this:

Monday
AM Depletion (usually all upper body, or chest&back)
PM Depletion (whatever is left over, usually legs or arms)

Tuesday
See Monday (or, at this point my body can handle the entire session in one go around.

dw06wu
03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok I laid in my bed for like 2 hours and I'm good now. Man that sucked; I've never done a workout like that before. Hardcore! I'll get back in there tomorrow. If I still can't handle it, next week I will try the 4-day thing. Thanks for the tip.

Shao-LiN
03-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok I laid in my bed for like 2 hours and I'm good now. Man that sucked; I've never done a workout like that before. Hardcore! I'll get back in there tomorrow. If I still can't handle it, next week I will try the 4-day thing. Thanks for the tip.

Not 4 day....it is still monday and tuesday, but am and pm workouts. Do not split them into a 4 day depletion routine. You won't be doing UD2 anymore.

VasDeferens
03-29-2005, 10:13 PM
I did it twice. I did it when I was relatively free from work otherwise I dont think I can handle it. In the first iteration, I almost lost my ability to think during the first 4 days of the first week. I couldnt work, couldnt think straight, couldnt sleep...yet I was ecstatic about the carb refeed and ultimately the post diet results. my joints were in severe pain. The worst part was that the 12-15 repper sets had to be slow in the range of 45-60 seconds - all this on 1400 cals per day.

then came the carb refeed day that sucked more than the first 4 days. It was not easy swallowing around 1400gms of carbs and keeping the fat less than 50gms at the same time.

try this embarrassing diet.
after thursday workout drink around 200 gms of dextrose.
then eat a filthy load of brown rice.
then three whole wheat bagels.
then sleep.
wake up on friday to a protein shake and three more whole wheat bagels.
toast two full loaves of whole wheat bread and take them to work. eat 10 slices every 2 hours and keep hoping that every nanogram of the carb you eat is going straight to your muscles.
then eat some more rice.
then calculate your carb intake and eat some more.

you eat so much that your jaws start to hurt. your throat gets corroded.

good think is you do see the results.

drink lots of water. and green tea and ECA if you can to suppress your hunger.

dw06wu
03-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Not 4 day....it is still monday and tuesday, but am and pm workouts. Do not split them into a 4 day depletion routine. You won't be doing UD2 anymore.
err...that is what I meant to say, oops. I think I meant to type 4-way instead of 4-day.

dw06wu
03-29-2005, 10:23 PM
I did it twice. I did it when I was relatively free from work otherwise I dont think I can handle it. In the first iteration, I almost lost my ability to think during the first 4 days of the first week. I couldnt work, couldnt think straight, couldnt sleep...yet I was ecstatic about the carb refeed and ultimately the post diet results. my joints were in severe pain. The worst part was that the 12-15 repper sets had to be slow in the range of 45-60 seconds - all this on 1400 cals per day.

then came the carb refeed day that sucked more than the first 4 days. It was not easy swallowing around 1400gms of carbs and keeping the fat less than 50gms at the same time.

try this embarrassing diet.
after thursday workout drink around 200 gms of dextrose.
then eat a filthy load of brown rice.
then three whole wheat bagels.
then sleep.
wake up on friday to a protein shake and three more whole wheat bagels.
toast two full loaves of whole wheat bread and take them to work. eat 10 slices every 2 hours and keep hoping that every nanogram of the carb you eat is going straight to your muscles.
then eat some more rice.
then calculate your carb intake and eat some more.

you eat so much that your jaws start to hurt. your throat gets corroded.

good think is you do see the results.

drink lots of water. and green tea and ECA if you can to suppress your hunger.
I'm really really good at stuffing my face (former fatty). I cannot WAIT for that part of it. I bought a crapload of ECA before they banned it and I am also taking green tea to suppress my appetite, and they are doing their job quite well. I'm at like 1300 cals right now and I don't even want the last 350. I also am drinking about 1.5-2 gal of water a day.

iLUDEd
03-29-2005, 10:51 PM
i quite enjoyed the full body depletion workouts, found them much easier to do than the power workout (does that make me a freak?) :)

you will get used to them after a few weeks.

AllUp
03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
oi, depletion wo's suck in the beginning. I found legs to be brutal personally, but its all good in the end. Just give it time- hehe.

ryuage
03-30-2005, 11:16 AM
suck it up

dw06wu
03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
suck it up
lol, funny story.

I went back this morning to do the depletion workout again. I figured doing legs first was the reason that I got so wrecked last night, so I saved them for last today. I got through the first round, chugging a long with lots of steam. I got to legs and sure enough, they are the culprit.

Immediately after finishing my last leg set, I excused myself outside to promptly spew my guts out right in front of a campus tour of the athletic complex. Going back at 8 to finish depleting.

dw06wu
04-01-2005, 02:50 PM
ugh..
4 more hours and 1 workout to go before carb load.
I can TASTE it.

GIMME THAT FOOD.

JSully
04-01-2005, 07:01 PM
How's the loading going?

I personally hated loading. Fitting 10K+ cals in 24 hours. I'd eat so much it hurt to move.

Manveet
04-01-2005, 07:24 PM
How's the loading going?

I personally hated loading. Fitting 10K+ cals in 24 hours. I'd eat so much it hurt to move.

Ya, refeeding is only fun up to a point. I've been refeeding on 8K calories in 24hrs. So far I haven't had too many problems, although around 6K cals, I kinda get tired of the constant eating.

dw06wu
04-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Well it's 2am and I just slammed back a pound of spaghetti after I got back from my frat house. I must say though, the thing I really hate about any diet (although totally necessary) is the alcohol restriction.

I'd say the load is going good so far. I'm much better at pigging out than I am at cutting back. I'm kind of disappointed in my performance on the tension workout, though.

About the 10k cals - that sure seems high. I weighed in at ~238 today and I'm assuming I am around 15% which puts me at ~205lbs lean body mass. This calls for like 1435-1640g of carbs, 238g protein, and like 50g of fat which puts me around 7350 between Friday night and all of Saturday. Am I doing it correctly or did I miss something and I should be eating more?

Punk In Drublic
04-02-2005, 08:13 AM

wow.

Sounds like the first day I did squats! :clap:

dw06wu
04-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Ok, I just have to make a comment. I've been on this thing a mere one week and there is a DEFINITE noticeable difference in my bodyfat level. It's quite difficult, but I would highly recommend it to anyone who has plateaued in their fat loss/has stubborn fat and has dedication. I'm expecting that my body will have adjusted to the depletion style of workout after the first week and I will update with that information as soon as I get back from the gym tonight.

Chizniz16
04-05-2005, 07:09 PM
I love the part about throwing up infront of campus while people are on a tour. Keep up the hard work.

dw06wu
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I love the part about throwing up infront of campus while people are on a tour. Keep up the hard work.
Yeah, in hindsight it was pretty damn funny but I had my mind on other things at the time.

In other news, I seem to have adjusted to the diet after only 1 week and I made it through the entire depletion workout without spewing or feeling like death. I even pushed a little harder than last week, too.

AllUp
04-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Grats!

1st week is a killer, but if you've done a keto before -it's a light glimpse of what to expect in terms of depletion/workouts. Only time I really got sick was during my 1st week as well, however it was also a dramatic change in terms of routine from what I was doing prior, not to mention I never did as much activity depleted prior to ud2.

Big Bas
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
is there a guide on how to do UD2.0? Im interested in reading up about it, but i dont know where you guys get the info

iLUDEd
04-08-2005, 11:42 AM
yes, you can buy lyle's book, do a search on amazon for lyle mcdonald and ud2.0

dw06wu
04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
There's a sticky at the top of the forum.............................................