PDA

View Full Version : N-large 2 - 1 serving

Nito
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
My friend told me that his nutritionist told him that taking 1 serving (4 scoops) (600 cals [52 g protein]) with milk is bad because the calories are to dense and your kidney's cannot break it down. He also said the nutritionist said that a 15-16 year olds body is not fully developed so 600 calories from N-Large (which is apparently dense calories) is very bad on the kidney.

This doesn't really make sense to me for many reasons, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thxs,
Nito

Edit - I usually take 1 serving with 1.5-2 cups of milk post workout. He tells me that the nutritionist says this is to much at once for the reasons I mentioned above.

ryuage
03-30-2005, 03:27 PM
if thats the case dont eat over 600 calories at a time, hrmmm i guess all them kids going out and eating a big mac are gonna have trouble digesting

ozzyman
03-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I only use two scoops at a time in the morning when i first wake up.....

Nito
03-30-2005, 07:30 PM
well ryu, i thought the same, but apparently n-large cals are denser :? LOL? I didn't know that that was possible..

Optimum08
03-30-2005, 09:11 PM
most likely your friend was just spewing stuff he thought the nutritionist said...or the nutritionist he went to isn't really a nutritionist....calories that are more dense? hmm ok...what a nub....haha

JTyrell710
03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
calories that are more dense. as in, theyres more of them, in less space.
peanut butter and olive oil= calorie dense. lettuce+fruit etc.. not calorie dense.
still don't understand the kidney part, i just understand density.

Zearoth
03-30-2005, 09:44 PM
I;d say there's a pretty good chance that its true, even though it does sound pretty bizarre. A nutritionist IS a professional after all. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it... Like Ryu said, there a plenty of kids nowadays that stuff their faces with Big Macs and I don't notice any problems with these guys.

Xg74
03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Its probably bunk. Your kidneys are pretty amazing in the amount they can process and what they can process. Plus, a lot of people consume more than 600 calories in one sitting. And not all are processed at once anyhow.

Even professionals can be wrong and misinformed.

Y2A
03-31-2005, 05:08 AM
Going back to the big mac theory, if you order a meal at McDonalds and have a big burger and fries, I dont see how 1000 calories of saturated fat is better for you than 800 calories of mostly protein. :confused:

Canadian Crippler
03-31-2005, 06:13 AM
Going back to the big mac theory, if you order a meal at McDonalds and have a big burger and fries, I dont see how 1000 calories of saturated fat is better for you than 800 calories of mostly protein. :confused:No one said it was... how are all of you relating protein shakes vs. big macs when neither the thread starter nor the nutritionist justified eating those foods everyday.

smalls
03-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I;d say there's a pretty good chance that its true, even though it does sound pretty bizarre. A nutritionist IS a professional after all. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it... Like Ryu said, there a plenty of kids nowadays that stuff their faces with Big Macs and I don't notice any problems with these guys.

A nutritionist is nothing more than a person with a degree/certification. That says absolutely nothing about what they know, or how they understand what they where taught. It means they where able to jump through the hoops.

This nutritionist your friend was talking to sounds like the basic conservative that thinks all supplements will kill you and any excess protein will damage the kidneys. In short, do not heed their advice. If you kidneys can't handle 600 cals from n-large and milk they have severe problems and you should see a doctor. A normal person will have no problems with 50g of protien in a meal.

Nito
03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
well it is 52 G of protein from the N-Large + like 2 cups of milk. So I think that could be to much protein in 1 sitting??

smalls
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Go ahead and tell me why you think that is too much protein at one sitting. Is the protien processed in 30 minutes, 2 hours, does it depend on the meal as a whole, the type of protein. And what is too much protein.

I take in an average of 75g per meal, often more. If your body has a problem digesting protein is usually means you are abnormal and should should a doc about your problem.

And do you have any more info on what exactly the nutritionist meant by "dense" calories. I fear she doesnt understand the meaning of the word dense. I've talked to many nutritionists and most of them are extremely conservative in their approach. I've heard more than once than to gain weight you should drink pop and fruit drinks throughout the day instead of water. I guess keeping insulin levels raised is one way to promote weight gain but I sure wouldnt go that route. Just cuz a "professional" says it doesnt mean its true. Do your own research and try to understand why you should follow or not follow someone elses advice.

shansen008
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Go ahead and tell me why you think that is too much protein at one sitting. Is the protien processed in 30 minutes, 2 hours, does it depend on the meal as a whole, the type of protein. And what is too much protein.

I take in an average of 75g per meal, often more. If your body has a problem digesting protein is usually means you are abnormal and should should a doc about your problem.

And do you have any more info on what exactly the nutritionist meant by "dense" calories. I fear she doesnt understand the meaning of the word dense. I've talked to many nutritionists and most of them are extremely conservative in their approach. I've heard more than once than to gain weight you should drink pop and fruit drinks throughout the day instead of water. I guess keeping insulin levels raised is one way to promote weight gain but I sure wouldnt go that route. Just cuz a "professional" says it doesnt mean its true. Do your own research and try to understand why you should follow or not follow someone elses advice.
:withstupi

I eat over 300g of protein a day...sometimes way more. Im still breathing. My doctor used the word "dense" when he saw the perplexed look on my face after he weighed me on his scale. I dont look like i weigh >280lb......he says "youre just a dense boy, built like an oxe" haha.

This "nutritionist" is :bash:

the one
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
people exxagerate the protein actually needed so much, even for us bodybuilders. that one gram per lb of bw is absolute bull****. shane, my dad smokes 2 packs a day, and drinks beer everynight, and hes still breathing too.