PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick bulking questions...

trfe
03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
I noticed that milk has a lot of calories in it...if i drink half a gallon of milk a day that seems like a good way to get cals in right?

Also I usually try and stick with the 6 meals a day, 2-3 hours apart method. When bulking should i just disregard that and eat constantly?

actually make it 3 questions....

I have a pretty fast metabolism. If i bulk for a few months then go back to normal eating habits, would I lose the muscle i gained from bulking because my calorie intake isn't keeping up with my metabolism? Essentially what I'm asking is if I start bulking now, will i have to do it for the rest of my life, or until my metabolism slows down?

Thanks guys.

Collegekid
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Milk is a great source of high quality protein. As long as you're drinking 1% or non-fat, I'd say drink as much as you want. Obviously the high-fat stuff has more cals, but it's also got some unhealthy fats. A cup of skim milk still has like 100 cals, and isn't really that filling so its a good way to add cals to a meal.

You're still going to want to eat 2-3 hours apart. Just because you're bulking doesn't mean you should go crazy and cram food down your mouth constantly. Just make each of your meals bigger..

As for your third question, think about it this way....right now you need a certain amount of calories to maitnain your current weight. I have no idea what it is, but lets say its 2500. To gain weight, you need to eat more, say 2800 a day. Eventually, as you grow, your body will now need those 2800 calories just to maintain your weight, because obviously a bigger body needs more food. So, after a while 2800 would become your maintenance and 3100 is what you'd need to grow, and on and on. A bigger body also gets hungrier, so it won't feel like bulking after a while if you stay at 2800.

And no, you won't lose muscle, you just won't get bigger after a while (which is ok...people don't bulk forever)