PDA

View Full Version : Will UD 2.0 work at 18-20% bodyfat?

Dedicated
03-30-2005, 04:01 PM
I am at about 18-20% bodyfat, this is just a guess. Is my bodyfat too high for UD 2.0? I already bought the book and it says a more standard approach is better if you are not between 12-15% bodyfat. Will it work at 18-20% bodyfat?

So far the book is good reading!

Isaac Wilkins
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
It'll work.

Lyle's thought process is that at 18-20% bodyfat one can lose fat easily enough by other means so that a very restrictive diet like UD2.0 is not necessary.

Dedicated
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Great thanks!

heathj
03-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I would suggest going on a low-calorie diet and you could get to 15% fairly easily. Try a low-cal diet for 4-6 weeks, then go on UD2. It would work at 18-20%, but...I'd rather try it when I was lower bodyfat, so it was more useful.

galileo
03-30-2005, 04:51 PM
I'd definitely weight until you're lower - closer to 12% would be ideal. You can't stay on UD2 indefinitely (although some have tried *coughBlood&Ironcough*) and although I enjoyed it a lot, my joints were always aching after about 4 consecutive weeks.

Best diet I've used though! Very effective.

Dedicated
03-30-2005, 05:18 PM
I'd definitely weight until you're lower - closer to 12% would be ideal. You can't stay on UD2 indefinitely (although some have tried *coughBlood&Ironcough*) and although I enjoyed it a lot, my joints were always aching after about 4 consecutive weeks.

Best diet I've used though! Very effective.

Man that's the thing, I've never been at 12%. A while back when I was lifting I went from like 195 to 164 in about 6 months. It was a careful diet, I counted every calorie and ate fairly clean. I lost a few inches off my abdomen and about 31lbs. It was about a pound a week, some weeks I didn't lose weight so I adjusted calories or incorporated refeeds and stuff. But in the end, I still had that gut:(

Now I never measured my bodyfat but I had that "stubborn fat" around the gut forever, even after dieting for 6 months like I said above, it just won't go away.

Well i'm back up to 188 because I let myself go. Do you think it's ok if I go ahead and try UD2 at my bodyfat? It's just a guess btw, I don't look fat, I just have a gut with my shirt off, so theoritically it could be 15%, but I honestly have no idea.

dw06wu
03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
The reason he says you should start it at 12-15% is because you can get down to there by normal (read: less painful) means. If you don't have to use UD2 to get down to 15% then that is however many weeks that you don't have to stay on the diet, which is desired.

Shao-LiN
03-30-2005, 06:16 PM
UD2 takes a great amount of dedication and work. Relatively fat people, through normal dieting means (i.e. regular caloric restriction and workout plan), don't have to go through the pain of depletion and what not.

AKraut
03-30-2005, 06:24 PM
I've tried a CKD at least 4 times and can't get past 2 weeks, maybe it would've helped if I followed the workouts but man, keto diets are no joke.... I love my wheat bread, yams, and oats.... I just can't give em up.

TheGimp
04-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Go for it. I've done UD2.0 cycles starting in the high teens of BF% and it works great. I'd say that the cyclical nature of the diet means that you can get away with losing weight faster than traditional methods and personally I like the rigidity - eat within the guidlines, follow the workouts and you will lose fat. Simple.

Dedicated
04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Go for it. I've done UD2.0 cycles starting in the high teens of BF% and it works great. I'd say that the cyclical nature of the diet means that you can get away with losing weight faster than traditional methods and personally I like the rigidity - eat within the guidlines, follow the workouts and you will lose fat. Simple.
Awesome thanks for the motivation! I'm off to do my depletion workout!

I've used traditional diets in the past and I do lose fat but I also lose a ton of muscle. Plus it's sooo slow. I end up stalling all the time. It sucks to lose 1lb a week for 4 weeks then stall on the 5th week. So then you adjust calories but you stall again, then adjust calories again only to lose 1/2 pound on the 7th week, ugh lol.