PDA

View Full Version : Crock pot recipes?

Asylum
03-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Anyone have any crock pot recipes that are healthy and tasty? I love using the crock pot and it's really easy and fits with my schedule. I'd love any recipes you can send my way. I do have one:

Taco Soup

3 cans black beans
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 package of McCormick's taco seasoning

Mix it all together, crock pot all day and then eat like this:

Put the soup in a bowl, eat with tortilla chips or tortillas. Put a dab of fat free sour cream on top and some cheese if you want.

It sure is yummy.

DiViNa99
03-31-2005, 07:07 PM
On the same forum posted by IceRgrrl...link at bottom:

Mexican Chicken: (shred for burritos, taco salad, over rice, etc.)
Big package of boneless/skinless chicken breasts
One envelope of taco/fajita seasoning (you can get the low sodium kind) OR salt/pepper/chili powder/cumin/cayenne blend.
Splash of water

Roast w/ Veggies
Big hunk 'o meat (beef, venison, etc.)
Quartered cooking onion or whole pearl onions
Chopped carrots or pkg. of baby carrots
Chopped garlic
Salt/pepper/basil/whatever seasonings you like
1 c. water

Italian Chicken
Marinara sauce (your own or canned)
Chopped green peppers and onions
Chopped garlic
Splash of red wine
Basil/oregano/rosemary/Parmesan/pepper/salt

Thai Chicken
Red curry sauce
Lime juice
Fish sauce
Chopped onions/scallions
Lite coconut milk
Spices like lemongrass and red pepper...

Chili
Chopped meat
Jar of salsa or can of diced tomatoes or both
Can of black beans
Can of kidney beans
Can of garbanzo beans
Chopped green pepper and onion
Chili powder/cumin/cayenne/salt/pepper

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=464686&postcount=2

Shao-LiN
03-31-2005, 10:19 PM
I believe there's a bunch of crockpot recipes in the recipe section. Can probably run a search and find 'em.

Asylum
04-01-2005, 04:30 AM
I tried that Shao and didn't get many at all. I'll try again with a few different spellings of crock pot or crockpot.....

Asylum
04-01-2005, 04:31 AM
On the same forum posted by IceRgrrl...link at bottom:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=464686&postcount=2

And I'm assuming these are healthy versions of these foods? Thanks!

galileo
04-01-2005, 05:48 AM
I received an email from rugged magazine saying the new issue (online) contained crock pot recipes. Might be worth a look.

DiViNa99
04-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I've seen them online. Glad you mentioned it. They have really good crock pot recipes for BB's. :)

midee1
04-02-2005, 09:02 AM
I received an email from rugged magazine saying the new issue (online) contained crock pot recipes. Might be worth a look.

I've got a variation of one cooking as we speak. It's called picante chicken. The recipe is simple: 2-3 chicken breasts and a can of Pace picante sauce. Throw it in a crock on low and lets it cook for 6-8 hours. They say you can even put in frozen chicken. I did mine as listed but added a can of black beans and a chopped onion. We'll eat it over rice. I'll post tomorrow how it was.

galileo
04-02-2005, 11:39 AM
I need to buy myself a ****ing crock pot.

DiViNa99
04-02-2005, 03:25 PM

That makes 2 of us. :nod:

Frankster
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
recipee forum this thread moved to need

ericg
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Dito

neartaigh
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
I've got a variation of one cooking as we speak. It's called picante chicken. The recipe is simple: 2-3 chicken breasts and a can of Pace picante sauce. Throw it in a crock on low and lets it cook for 6-8 hours. They say you can even put in frozen chicken. I did mine as listed but added a can of black beans and a chopped onion. We'll eat it over rice. I'll post tomorrow how it was.

Hey, how did this work out?? I loooooooove picante sauce. I`d probably melt a little sharp cheddar over the top.

Lemme know!

midee1
04-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey, how did this work out?? I loooooooove picante sauce. I`d probably melt a little sharp cheddar over the top.

Lemme know!

Worked great except may I suggest that you throw the black beans in at the end. Thay kinda cooked to death. Other than that it was great.

manowar669
04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Steel cut oats in the crockpot, turn it on before bed with cinnamon, splenda, nonfat milk, and a handfull of dried cranberries, blueberries, or your favorite dried fruit. Ready in the morning, best oatmeal you've ever had. Gets a little brown crust on top. The smell might even get your @$$ out of bed early.

galileo
04-04-2005, 08:27 PM
While we're on the subject - anyone fond of a particular brand crock pot?

midee1
04-05-2005, 04:55 AM
While we're on the subject - anyone fond of a particular brand crock pot?

For what it's worth i've got a Rival. Really had no choice in the matter. It was a christmas gift but it works great.

galileo
04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
How was that chicken, midee?

I picked up a 6 qt Rival last night. The next batch of chicken breasts will go in there.

Kingair
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
On the rare occasions when my wife assigns cooking duty to me, you can bet your butt it's Rival to the rescue. :rolleyes:

midee1
04-11-2005, 11:13 AM
How was that chicken, midee?

I picked up a 6 qt Rival last night. The next batch of chicken breasts will go in there.

Excellent. My only suggestion is to throw in the black beans at the end. Mine kind of cooked to death.

METALASIAN
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
How do you exactly put something in "at the end"? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :micro:

midee1
04-11-2005, 01:48 PM
How do you exactly put something in "at the end"? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :micro:

Not a stupid question. I just should have put them in about the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time to warm them.

galileo
04-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I did the 3lbs of Chicken, 1 bottle Pace Picante recipe and it was fabulous. I didn't know that chicken could be so tender. Very excellent. I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes.

midee1
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I did the 3lbs of Chicken, 1 bottle Pace Picante recipe and it was fabulous. I didn't know that chicken could be so tender. Very excellent. I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes.

I'll have to agree. Very moist and tender.

IceRgrrl
05-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm a big fan of the Crock-Pot...easy way to make good food with no fussing.

I have a Rival model with Hi/Low/Auto-Shift options. The auto-shift is what I use most because it gets everything up to cooking temp and then keeps it there by shifting between high and low, rather than being stuck at one or the other. I've looked recently though and I don't seem to see that option any more. Anybody else know about this?

J.C.
05-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but wtf is a crock-pot? I've never even heard of them before!; sound great tho... :)