PDA

View Full Version : Multi-vitamins

WatchThisSpace
04-01-2005, 08:22 AM
How important are these? My skin type is dry and since I started my cutting diet my skin hasn't ever been so dry. It's unbelievable. Is it because I am not getting enough nutrition? If I should get the multi-vitamins does price matter? Will the cheapest work just as well?
Thanks.

chris mason
04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
How important are these? My skin type is dry and since I started my cutting diet my skin hasn't ever been so dry. It's unbelievable. Is it because I am not getting enough nutrition? If I should get the multi-vitamins does price matter? Will the cheapest work just as well?
Thanks.

You can get dry skin for any number of reasons. That said, if the dry skin coincides with a dietary change then I would draw the conclusion that there is probably a relationship there.

I think a multi vitamin is a must for anyone of a restricted calorie diet. You should also supplement your diet with some form of essential fatty acids.

WatchThisSpace
04-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks Chris. What foods do I get essential fatty acids from? Are there any supplements?

TheGimp
04-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Fish oil capsules that I mentioned in your diet thread are an EFA supplement. You can get them Holland and Barrett stores. You can pick up a multivit from the same place.

You can also get EFAs through whole foods like oily fish but as they are so essential ;) it is best to supplement.

chops
04-01-2005, 09:34 AM
when i started taking fish caps, i noticed a lot of benefits, including my facial skin being less dry.

for multivit, i dont think it really matters which one you take if you are already eating a good variety of foods. multivits designed for women are also available with extra calicum and some other vitamins that women need more of. i just take a regular multi and on the days that i don't eat much dairy, i take a viactiv chew.

TTT
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
How much water are you drinking? Try drinking more.