PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting What I'd Hoped For....

emjlr3
04-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Ok so I started my cut about a month ago, and am not seeing the results I had hoped for at all. I started at 4k calories a day, 40/40/20 split. Then each week went down about 250 calories a week. And now this week I am doing about 2750 calories a day, 50%protein/35% carbs/15% fat, been doing that split for about 2 weeks

i dont seem to be getting any leaner at all, I know that I am eating enough, because I am still getting stronger, I am doing cardio in the form of basketball games, football games and soccer games about 3 times per week, and lift 4 times per week....eating all those less calories I have not lost but maybe 2 lbs in the past month, and do not look any leaner at all, nor do I caliper any leaner, I work abs twice per week as well

someone please tell me what the hell I am doing wrong, and what i can change

raniali
04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
IMO, your fats are too low and protein is too high. if you haven't read the sticky or any other thread on refeeding, now is the time to do so and to incorporate a solid refeeding time into your diet (perhaps a few days to a week).

no regrets
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree, try a refeed. It sounds like your body needs a shock.

Dedicated
04-01-2005, 04:24 PM
At least you are making gains in the gym. Perhaps you added muscle. Did you start a new routine with this new diet? Did you start eating cleaner with this diet? Can you think of anything that would bring gains? And more importantly, where you getting gains before starting the cut? I often find when I start a cut I make some gains just because I am eating better foods instead of mcdonalds all the time.

If your gains aren't significant and you are sure you haven't lost any fat then "maybe" a refeed will help. Personally refeeds never worked for me, maybe I just did them wrong.