PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if you can help me out.

WatchThisSpace
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Well I haven't been lifting all that long and I need some tips on reps and sets.

I do back + biceps on Monday. Tuesday abs. Chest, shoulders and triceps on wednesday and legs on friday. I would like to vary reps/sets for each bodypart. But what would you recommend? I want to increase my lifting by 5lbs each session and i like to lift heavy. I just don't want to over train certain bodyparts that dont need much reps/sets.

Teach little dumb old me. Thanks.

Max-Mex
04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
There's no real need to vary reps/sets for each body part. Unless you get bored easily, then maybe I can understand. Also, increasing 5 lbs each session really isn't a practical goal. You'll plateau relativley quickly.

Sets, I prefer 2 for most things (squats and deadlifts being the exceptions), and reps 8 (again with deads and squats being the exception). I used to do 10, but felt better when I did 8 and I shaved some time off from my workouts.

JamesBOMB
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
work on increasing reps before weight

say bench 135x5. work your way up to 8 reps by yourself. Then add 5lbs to the bar (2.5lb each side) and work your way up to 8. You will build strength up faster than anyway your trying

Sidior
04-01-2005, 07:49 PM
:withstupid

couldnt agree more