PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Breathing

Stepinfetch
04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Hello there, great forum here. Have a question that I could not seem to quite anwser from search.
Recently I have started weightlifing in my celler with benchpress's, pull up bars, doing sit ups crunches, and things with free weights.I lifted every other day now, but for the first week I lifted ever day. My rouitines take me about 30 mins. After about a month or so I have noticed trouble breathing. I had to yawn to get a full breath, and it is becoming quite anooying that ever breath I take is not a full one, almost scary. I heard this could be from bench presses? If some one could pinpoint what is happening or tell me how I could make this go away or help. I am in good shape I weigh 135 and am about 5'5, 18 years old. I drink 20g's of whey protien a day with milk and drink some weigh gaining shakes. I tried creatine a month ago also, not much, not even 5g's every other day.So I have stopped taking it as of last week but I still have breathing troubles. Hopefully this will help. Thanks again.

Sidior
04-01-2005, 03:13 PM
if you are having problems breathing go to a doctor, also maybe you are possibly overdoing it?....creatine 5g every other day sounds like an unusual way to take it anyways, read more about it if you plan to use it.....telling us u take a protein shake does not matter, its your daily protien/calories and everything else that really matters, shakes are just a supplement...

Bottom line, maybe take some time off and make sure you form for benching is correct but if breathing issues persist see a doctor

[[[----]]]
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Have you ever had anxiety problems? Sounds like it might be that, but going to a doc would be your safest bet.

Stepinfetch
04-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Yea, I read much much inormation about creaitine and I am taking it accordinly, what I ment to say was more like 2.5g a day 5g every other day. I eat healthy, no frozen food, snacks and 3 meals a day. The anxiety thing is an issue because th emore I think about it the more it persests. I took a break for a couple days and it seemed to have subsided. Im just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Herc
04-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Have you ever thought that it might be something in your basement (mold, dust, etc)

Stepinfetch
04-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Have you ever thought that it might be something in your basement (mold, dust, etc)

Well this I was curious as well. However I still have trouble when not in the basement, like at work or so. If I dont lift weights it goes away.

Stepinfetch
06-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Went to the doctors and they said that I might have Excersise induced ashma. Gave me Albuteral MDI aerosol puff thing. Take 2 puffs 20 mins before workout and this helps. Hopfully it will go away and I wont have to use this anymore.

jack_of_all
06-05-2005, 09:27 PM
this happens to me, ive dealt with it since i was 7. i ONLY have this problem if i think about breathing, and i only think about breathing when im full. i dont breath well through my chest so i cant take full breaths after a meal unless i press down on something to stretch out my upper body and get more room. yawning also works but i have a hard time forcing yawns over and over again. you dont need to take full breaths to be alive (i often breath VERY shallowly for a while then take a huge breath to make up for it when im concious, i only breath totally normally when im asleep lol. in fact, when im concentrating really hard mentally i stop breathing)

long story short, ive held my breath for over 2 mins before and swam pretty far under water so i know my lungs are fine, imho its space related and/or mental for you and me.

ive also noticed that its a BAD idea to get scared because then you make repeated attempts and begin to feel light headed because your over-breathing and just dont realize it.

GMCtrk
06-05-2005, 10:45 PM
its all mental

cantspell
11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
its all mental

*shaking head* - i've suffered from Asthma and lung reated breathing problems my entire life. It's not in his/her head, it's real. However, overeating might be the cause rather than eating induced breathing problems, which is say much less common that exercise related breathing problems.

Ruffian
11-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Went to the doctors and they said that I might have Excersise induced ashma. Gave me Albuteral MDI aerosol puff thing. Take 2 puffs 20 mins before workout and this helps. Hopfully it will go away and I wont have to use this anymore.

This is something docs say when they want to get ppl away cuz they are too lazy to actually check. Asthma is one thing, being out of shape is another... If you feel extreme pain (like a burning in your chest) and are literally gasping for air then yes, you have asthma. (As I do). However, I agree it might be something in the air in your basement; poor ventilation or wahtever, so its probably a good idea to get someone over to look at your basement for any air type problems. Also, try going for a run, if your cardio is really bad it will definately not help. Thirdly, make sure your breathing technique is good while lifting, if not you will deprive your brain of oxygen.

Those puffers are nasty buggers and friggen expensive, make sure you take care to know thats certainly the problem.