PDA

View Full Version : cardio question

AzBboy
04-01-2005, 05:44 PM
does anyone know which is more beneficial towards a cut: pacing yourself and going for lengthly cardio sessions (near 2 hours) or just going all out nuts high speed no rest cardio for about an hour? I feel more toast on the latter, but does it burn more calories than pacing ? Or, due to pacing being longer training time, does it burn more calories to pace ? Which would be more beneficial? thank you

dw06wu
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Who the hell wants to do cardio for more than an hour?

Who the hell wants to do cardio for an hour? It sucks, but sometimes it's necessary I guess. I would definitely say to pack it into a one-hour session.

Better yet, use HIIT style cardio and get out of there in 20-40 mins (depending).

Dedicated
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I prefer low intensity long duration since I run outdoors. HIIT works well but it is very high impact if you run outdoors. If you have access to machines, I would mix it up, some days do HIIT and some days do long duration cardio. Remember diet is the most important thing:)

JamesBOMB
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM
just get that heart rate in the right place..

I think the formula for that is age ( iam 20) 220 then divide that by 65% which would give you your target heart rate.

correct me if i am wrong guys

I hang around 143-147, u wont get winded but youll be burning the fat

PhilsterT
04-01-2005, 07:43 PM
What's HIIT?

Vido
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
does anyone know which is more beneficial towards a cut: pacing yourself and going for lengthly cardio sessions (near 2 hours) or just going all out nuts high speed no rest cardio for about an hour? I feel more toast on the latter, but does it burn more calories than pacing ? Or, due to pacing being longer training time, does it burn more calories to pace ? Which would be more beneficial? thank you

Neither. Both are way too catabolic. I'd say an hour tops at low-moderate intensity and 30 minutes tops at high-intensity. If you want to do 2 1-hour sessions daily (one in the morning and one at night) then go for it, but 2 hours at once is a terrible idea.

What's HIIT?

High intensity interval training...do a search.

ryuage
04-01-2005, 11:16 PM
a search, whats that

Optimum08
04-01-2005, 11:56 PM
haha ryuage...i can always depend on you for those satirical comments...