PDA

View Full Version : gaining Weight

pbsteve09
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I am 6 Ft, 18 years old and now 180lbs. I take protein, creatine, vitamins, Ginger root and Green tea extract (just incase you wondered). I Lift vigeriously for about 5 times a week, and do a light cardio on the other two days. About 2 months ago i weighted about 165. I took a week or two off from lifting because i was plateuing, and of course i decided to eat extremely dirty and not caring about my marks. However i kept eating like this while i began lifting, but started monitoring my macrnutritients again. Ironically i gained 15 llbs by eating close to 4000 calories a day, with high percentages of fat and protein....and a medium amount of carbs. Also i added very little fat. Just wondering have any of you encountered this, or am i just a moron and finally discovered the concept of 'eating big' ;)

spencerjrus
04-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Ironically i gained 15 llbs by eating close to 4000 calories a day, with high percentages of fat and protein....and a medium amount of carbs. Also i added very little fat.

Not really sure what the problem is, you have a fast metabolism, you finally ate enough to slow your metabolism down and and your body started building more muscle, isnt this how its supposed to work?

pbsteve09
04-01-2005, 09:03 PM
well i assumed so...i just always struggled to gain weight, so im just excited i guess. I was just dumbfounded about how i was able to eat so dirty yet remain somewhat lean

Optimum08
04-02-2005, 12:00 AM
u have a fast metabolism which is good, but it also makes it harder to gain/maintain muscle....for example...for u to gain weight it takes 4000+cals...for me to gain a good amount less...its all about body type etc...good that u found out what 'eating big' was...

Vido
04-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Not really sure what the problem is, you have a fast metabolism, you finally ate enough to slow your metabolism down and and your body started building more muscle, isnt this how its supposed to work?

He didn't slow his metabolism down. He just started eating enough to grow. Your metabolism slows down when you DON'T eat, not when you do.

RBC13
04-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Wise words ^