PDA

View Full Version : how free is your free day?

EJFan
04-01-2005, 09:15 PM
i have a free day every now and again but very rarely. i'm just wondering, for those who do have a free day, how free is it? do you just not pay attention to ratios? ignore calorie totals? eat "dirty"? is it the same as a regular day but you might have half an oreo?

just curious. thanks!

KingJustin
04-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I let myself have a few beers over the weekend (like 5 or 6 at a time) and once a week or so I'll eat under maintanence to get my metabolism down.

ryuage
04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
if its a free day then what would it matter what went on that day

The Celt
04-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Half an oreo? Holy smokes, dude, if you consider that cheating, my hat goes off to you 'cause thats some discipline! :bow:

Free days are just that: a day to "f" it all and eat whatever you want, when you want to. You do wanna keep them few and far between but, not too sporadic just to help keep your sanity.

Me, personally, I like beer, hot wings, and cheese fries at Hooters. I like Chinese but, cheat day or not, most of that stuff is so filled the MSG, it's bad for you no matter what.

Vido
04-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Free days are just that: a day to "f" it all and eat whatever you want, when you want to.

:withstupi

EJFan
04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Free days are just that: a day to "f" it all and eat whatever you want, when you want to. You do wanna keep them few and far between but, not too sporadic just to help keep your sanity.

that's kinda what i figured a true cheat day was... i was just curious if anyone still held out some degree of caution/control on those days.

the celt... you and i are on the same wavelength; chinese, hooters wings (and waitresses) and some dogfish head beer is just about my speed.

Haaji Dont Surf
04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
My cheat day consisted of Two Frito Pies, Pizza, Two Large Fries, 20 Chicken Nuggets, a bag of Lays, and some Chocolate. :x

Hercule
04-02-2005, 12:47 PM
My cheat days are relatively clean, w/ only one really bad meal. Here's an example-

Meal 1-
3 Waffles(fat free), 1/2 cup syrup(fat free), 2 scoops protein

Meal 2-
1 chicken breast, 3 potatoes, 75g dextrose

Meal 3-
Same

Meal 4-
1.5c oatmeal, 1 scoop whey

Meal 5-
Carb ups are on saturday and sunday, and this falls on saturday night, so this is the only time I am really 'bad'. Maybe Mexican food or Jack in the Box

Meal 6-
Fat free popcorn, 2 scoops whey

Sunday's are usually the same minus the 75g dextrose(this is replaced by fat free oatmeal squares) and badness at meal 5.

ReelBigFish
04-02-2005, 12:51 PM
My cheat days are relatively clean, w/ only one really bad meal. Here's an example-

Meal 1-
3 Waffles(fat free), 1/2 cup syrup(fat free), 2 scoops protein

Meal 2-
1 chicken breast, 3 potatoes, 75g dextrose

Meal 3-
Same

Meal 4-
1.5c oatmeal, 1 scoop whey

Meal 5-
Carb ups are on saturday and sunday, and this falls on saturday night, so this is the only time I am really 'bad'. Maybe Mexican food or Jack in the Box

Meal 6-
Fat free popcorn, 2 scoops whey

Sunday's are usually the same minus the 75g dextrose(this is replaced by fat free oatmeal squares) and badness at meal 5.

LOL i didn't know syrup had fat?

Hercule
04-02-2005, 01:54 PM
LoL, I was just trying to emphasize the cleanness of my diet by pointing out the fact that I consume little fattening foods(except meal 5).

[[[----]]]
04-02-2005, 02:34 PM
lol half a oreo??! what the hell?! Thats not even a cheat period. Try half a bag of oreos.

Vido
04-02-2005, 04:58 PM
]]']lol half a oreo??! what the hell?! Thats not even a cheat period. Try half a bag of oreos.

2 boxes is more reasonable if you ask me :D

Gr3mlin73
04-03-2005, 03:41 AM
Free day= saturday i eat anything i want, guilt free, coz come sunday, im back on track again

Titanium_Jim
04-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Does it defeat the purpose of cheat days if they extend through every weekend? Sorry to hijack, I didn't want to start a new thread.

And for the OP, my weekends I eat lots of fried ****, tons of bad food mixed with even more good food.

EJFan
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Does it defeat the purpose of cheat days if they extend through every weekend?

good point. i was kinda wondering the same thing. i usually cheat about once every 3-4 weeks (if i remember that i can). how frequently does everyone else cheat?

YungLifter
04-03-2005, 12:50 PM
my cheat day is actually a cheat meal during that day lik ill go out and eat whatever i want for lunch or dinner then ill go to carvel and get a hot fudge brownie sundae :nod: god that thing is so good and massive and lik 1100 cals and lik 50g fat and lik 90+carbs and 40+sugar and 6g protien lol but good

abwowang
04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
PIZZA!!!
go out to dinner wit my gf.. some where greasy.. red robin..
some chewy oatmeal cookies..
cake.. haha
i havent drank beer since halloween

heatwave345
04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
today was my free day :p

brunch
2 nice sized buttermilk pancakes smothered with PB, J, and syrup mixture
1 Cheese Omlette
2 Sausage Links
1 big glass of Chocolate Milk

dinner
1 bowl miso soup
1 spicy tuna roll
1 avacado roll
vegitable tempura appetizer

dessert
Scoop of ice cream in waffel cone

feel so full....

Hercule
04-03-2005, 08:31 PM
good point. i was kinda wondering the same thing. i usually cheat about once every 3-4 weeks (if i remember that i can). how frequently does everyone else cheat?

As one get's lower in Bodyfat percentages, it becomes necessary to increase the frequency of cheat meals, escpecially on low carb diets. I believe ~14% and below is when it becomes necessary to have an off day every week, as the body becomes very reluctant to burn the stubborn fat stores(area beneath and around navel, lower back, glutes, etc.), and it has a tendency to slow one's metabolism a great deal.

EJFan
04-03-2005, 08:46 PM
As one get's lower in Bodyfat percentages, it becomes necessary to increase the frequency of cheat meals, escpecially on low carb diets. I believe ~14% and below is when it becomes necessary to have an off day every week, as the body becomes very reluctant to burn the stubborn fat stores(area beneath and around navel, lower back, glutes, etc.), and it has a tendency to slow one's metabolism a great deal.

very interesting... i had no idea about this. thanks! when i kick the last couple percentage points, i'll increase the cheat-day-frequency.

one thing i've noticed though is that since i've dumped the weight i almost CAN'T cheat. it's not that i'm unwilling, but i get these ideas about what i can chow down on and then i'll either find it unappetizing or i just can't physically eat.

Vido
04-03-2005, 10:22 PM
how frequently does everyone else cheat?

almost every day :cool:

IZich
04-04-2005, 12:44 AM
almost every day :cool:
:clap: :thumbup:

danlifter
04-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Im 17 weigh 145 and am 6 foot. And have not had a cheat day since i started lifting. I dont have them because i dont know if they will hurt me or not.

ryuage
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
why dont you try it and find out

danlifter
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I have not had a free day since i started lifting, should i have one though? Or is better to eat clean 24/7