PDA

View Full Version : meal replacement options.

big calvin
11-30-2001, 05:21 PM
i have a question regarding mrp vs protein powder with fruit. i have been sticking to myoplex in water for a couple days now and its ok but one problem i have is i always have one for meal 1 and im suppose to have one again around meal 3. but i always dont want it and eat a sandwhich. now i know its ok that i eat a lean sandwhich but i really want to stick to a pattern in my meals and not just go by feel. now this morning i had a banana post workout in my myoplex. it was great! i loved it! now i wanted to drink another one but i knew i could eat the myoplex & the banana again. so i just eat a sandwhich. so what i was thinking is do u think it would be bad for my goals(weight loss/fat loss) is i replaced the myoplex with protein powder & fruit? my thinking is myoplex is just a protein blend with maltodextrin, which is a very high GI carb source. on the other hand the protein powder would be a blend with a banana(some frutose) but is what like half the GI of the maltodextrin? on the other side again(i have thought about it through all angles) because protein only lowers a high GI carbs and if its a lower GI carb it adds to the overall GI of that meal. what then should i stick to? they both would be about the same macronutrients(40-44g protein,20-25g carbs,1-2g fat.)

thanks.

Tryska
11-30-2001, 05:44 PM
i'd go with the whey and fruit.

the malto will spike your insulin, whereas the fructose won't. when your cutting, insulin isn't your friend.

the doc
11-30-2001, 07:00 PM
:nod:

well if you want fruit then have it man! just dont go overboard

if you want to be crazy but smart mix oatmeal with your protein for a carb source

Beefy Boy
11-30-2001, 08:53 PM
Just have a protein drink(whey powder)and a banana.Nothing wrong with fruit and it is more nutritious than some of those MRP's going around.