PDA

View Full Version : What do you take to school for lunch?

Chizniz16
04-02-2005, 08:30 PM
At my school we basicly have no choice but to eat the one meal they offer or bring our own lunch. I was wondering what are some meals i can bring for lunch that will be easy, high in carbs/protein, and low in fat. After school I workout so it would help to have a meal that is good for pre-workout.
Any ideas?

Praetorian
04-02-2005, 08:34 PM
chicken breast/ tuna sandwich

Collegekid
04-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Well a simple lunch would be a tuna sandwich on whole-wheat or something, but depending on how long you have between lunch and working out it probably isn't enough for a pre-workout meal. If you can fit it in your backpack (i dunno if u have a locker) try bringing a sandwich for lunch and then a piece of fruit and a protein shake to have like a half hour before you workout.

Chizniz16
04-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Well a simple lunch would be a tuna sandwich on whole-wheat or something, but depending on how long you have between lunch and working out it probably isn't enough for a pre-workout meal. If you can fit it in your backpack (i dunno if u have a locker) try bringing a sandwich for lunch and then a piece of fruit and a protein shake to have like a half hour before you workout.

What Protein shake do you suggest. Do you just mix whey powder with water or what.

Collegekid
04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Any whey is fine...most people here use 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition because it's cheap and good quality.

You can get a "shaker cup" at a health store, gym or if you can't find one you can order it online. You can put the whey in the shaker when you leave for school, and when you want to drink it later you pour in water, shake it well and drink it.

Spartan936
04-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Any whey is fine...most people here use 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition because it's cheap and good quality.

You a dealer, College kid? lol. It IS good stuff.

I take an enormous homemade meal replacement shake to school with me. It consists of oats, milk, olive oil, flax seed oil, and lotsa honey! These bad boys usually contain roughly 2400 calories (nearly fills a 2 liter jug, lol). I drink it throughout the day. Beats any store crap.

Chizniz16
04-03-2005, 11:00 AM
You a dealer, College kid? lol. It IS good stuff.

I take an enormous homemade meal replacement shake to school with me. It consists of oats, milk, olive oil, flax seed oil, and lotsa honey! These bad boys usually contain roughly 2400 calories (nearly fills a 2 liter jug, lol). I drink it throughout the day. Beats any store crap.

Damn thats alot, I think ill experiment with the plain whey and water before i decide to drink 2400 calories worth of a shake. So far im looking at tuna on a sandwhich and a protein shake. Any others?

ryuage
04-03-2005, 11:32 AM
mrp
chicken and rice
chicken and potatoes
whatever and rice
whatever and potatoes
sammiches
use your brain

getfit
04-03-2005, 11:34 AM
i take my wonderwoman lunchbox and pack it with gummie bears LOL! ;)

ryuage
04-03-2005, 11:35 AM
i used to... but sour gummy worms instead

getfit
04-03-2005, 11:36 AM
rofl

Chizniz16
04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I need a couple more suggestions... and my question is should i be drinking a protein shake on non-workout days

abwowang
04-03-2005, 02:40 PM
i bring a handful of almonds in my bag
a granola bar..
sometimes raisins..
and some cereal..
and my protein shake.

CarlP
04-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Peanut butter sandwiches.

zer06ame
04-03-2005, 05:06 PM
my school offers a good deal of variaty in food you can buy, although most of it has no nutrional value whatsoever. i usually buy a tuna sandwhich/tuna pita/chicken pita and bring a bag of pretzels with me and buy a 1% chocolate milk carton to have with it. it's not a ton of food but i try and space my calories out throughout the day, bring a protein shake and bannana to school for breakfast, have lunch, pb&pb sandwich w/ milk after school, can of tuna and whatever, dinner, some other high protein food.

RBC13
04-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Peanuts, bread, and a banana.

AzBboy
04-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I take the same crud every day, its very low in the GI, so it will keep you feelin full till u get home after school, and packs a punch in protein and carbs and VERY little fat and cals. As a matter of fact, im in class right now eating it as i type this. It is a tuna salad, its good as all hell. Just mix 3 oz tuna with 1 oz veg shaped pasta shells, 1 tbsp lowfat mayo, some red devil, some mustard, lettuce, and some parmesian cheese to complete the protein in the pasta. I HATE the taste of tuna, but this, is like freakin dreamy. it has under 300 cals, only about 3-5g fat, and about 26-30g protein.

METALASIAN
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Chicken/Tuna Sandwich, PB Sandwich, Banana, Triscuits

kpd
04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I am at college, and I bring all my meals with me. Try turkey/chicken/tuna sandwich, or just seasoned chicken breast/tuna/salmon in rice, or chicken and potatoes, or steack and potatos, or steak and rice, pretty much just pick steak, tuna, salmon, or turkey and put it with rice or potatos. Defintely bring a protein shake, and if you're making it with water, make it a double. Protein bars, almonds, yogurt, pb sandwiches with bananas.... If you dont like any of those ideas, well, your sol because tuna,chicken,steak and salmon are oh so good.

Punk In Drublic
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
chicken breast/ tuna sandwich

How would bringing a chicken breast to school be practical?

_-_v_-_
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Ever hear of Saran wrap?

Or tupperware?

METALASIAN
04-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I just use canned chicken.

danlifter
04-30-2005, 10:22 PM
I would pack some rice in a cottainer with some tuna fish or chiken breast to take to school with me if it is pre workout. I take 2 packs of tuna and a peanut butter sandwich then come home and eat my preworkout meal.

Praetorian
05-01-2005, 12:23 AM
How would bringing a chicken breast to school be practical?

We arnt the sharpest tool in the shed are we?

Ever heard about a SANDWICH!?

Sc00t
05-01-2005, 04:38 AM
I usually take chicken slices on a bun, a chocolate bar, and some form of fruit with a 'soda' as you americans call them :p

I've only started my bulk diet on Friday, so I'm thinking about PB Sammiches, a protein bar, some grapes, an apple, and a whey protein shake. Anyone think mixing PB in to my whey would make it taste better?