PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on my diet?

Triger
04-02-2005, 09:21 PM
This is just the regular diet for one day.. im 16, 6'4" 187 lbs. BF-17%

BreakFast 6:30 A.M.
* 2 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg.
* 2 Pieces of Extra Lean Ham
* 2 Slices Whole-Grain Bread
* Whey Shake #1. using 1% milk

Snack 10:20 A.M.
* Tuna Sandwich
* 12g Protein Bar

Lunch 2 P.M.
* Skinless Chicken
* Steamed Veggies

Snack 4 PM
* Whey Shake #2 using 1% milk

(I go to basketball practice 4-6pm then hit the gym 6-7:30pm)

Snack 8 PM
* 1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Dinner 9 P.M.
* Total Protein Cereal
* Bannana
* PB & J Sandwich on WW Bread

Built
04-02-2005, 09:29 PM
What are your goals? Are you bulking, or cutting? And go to www.fitday.com to enter your foods so we can see grams of protein, carb, fat.

Triger
04-02-2005, 09:30 PM
im trying to lower bf% while bulking

Built
04-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Good luck.

Jabberwocky
04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Thats a ****ty bulk diet, cut diet, and over all ****ty diet anyway you cut it.

Regardless of whether you are trying to cut and bulk you need to eat more, get your macros in order, and focus on either cutting or bulking trying to do both at once is a waste of time.

Triger
04-03-2005, 01:46 AM
should I go for a cut or bulk? Im 6'4" 187 but still have high bf % and need to loose the man boobs and tone up some muscle. Im a n00b at this, please help.

Built
04-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Okay, well, you can't tone up.

There's no such thing.

You generally have to decide between bulking and cutting. That being said, a noob with bodyfat can generally expect a honeymoon period where you WILL put on some muscle while dropping some bodyfat.

What is your programme now?

Triger
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
i guess i'll bulk. where can I find what ppl bulking eat? My daily calorie intake is almost 3600 daily for bulk.

Built
04-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Bulking and cutting is the same for me - just the calories go down. I carb and calorie cycle.

Basically, like this:
https://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml

Triger
04-03-2005, 03:39 AM
thanks a lot for the help. one last question: if i bulk.. will i still be able to drop bf?

Jabberwocky
04-03-2005, 09:56 AM
If while bulking you increase muscle mass your bf will drop a little bit, because more of you is muscle and possible a little less of you is fat.

Titanium_Jim
04-03-2005, 11:52 AM
You NEED some carbs in your diet. If you don't have any carbs to burn for energy you burn the protein for energy instead. You want your protein (as much as possible) to go towards muscle growth, not maintaining your energy throughout the day. There should be some good carbs with every meal except dinner, and especially pre-workout.
Edit: You're 17 and 6' 4, so I'm guessing you're a tall fairly slender person. The more you eat, the more your metabolism speeds up, so maybe once every couple weeks go a couple days with 2 big meals per day to trick your metabolism into coming back down so it is easier to gain muscle. This works for me and I'm a real hardgainer, and just about your size.

Built
04-03-2005, 12:52 PM
You NEED some carbs in your diet. If you don't have any carbs to burn for energy you burn the protein for energy instead.

That's not entirely true, actually. I lived on almost no carbs for about 6 months, and I actually packed on some muscle during this time. I also dropped about 20 lbs of fat.

You DO need carbs if your fats go very low, or you risk going into a protein-oxidative state where you start chewing through muscle. Perhaps this is what you're thinking of.

You want your protein (as much as possible) to go towards muscle growth, not maintaining your energy throughout the day. There should be some good carbs with every meal except dinner, and especially pre-workout.
Edit: You're 17 and 6' 4, so I'm guessing you're a tall fairly slender person. The more you eat, the more your metabolism speeds up, so maybe once every couple weeks go a couple days with 2 big meals per day to trick your metabolism into coming back down so it is easier to gain muscle. This works for me and I'm a real hardgainer, and just about your size.

I like the cheat-meal approach every week or two myself, especially for cutting. But it isn't to trick the metabolism into coming down, it's to trick it into coming back UP.

And I ONLY add in carbs to the meal before, and the meal or two after I lift. The rest are protein, veggies, and fat.

Sorta like this: https://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml