PDA

View Full Version : My Bulking Ratios

Gr3mlin73
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I am 32, 6ft and currently weigh 90kg (198lb). I want to get to a minimum of 95kg (209lb). I am currently bulking.
I have included here my Protein, Carb, Fats and Calorific intakes per day. Give me an indication of where I'm at if you like, please....

MON/THURS

Protein: 231.5
Carbs : 406.3
Fats : 62.3
Cals : 3500

WED/SUN
Protein: 231.5
Carbs : 327.5
Fats : 51.1
Cals : 3510

TUES/FRI
Protein: 232
Carbs : 368.1
Fats : 56.3
Cals : 3607

Cheerz for any advice..... :D

the one
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
looks pretty good to me although fat seems kinda low, dont be afraid of it. if your not gaining on this just add a few hundred cals then youll know what you need

the one
04-03-2005, 09:41 PM
oh yeah and i hope most of those carbs are complesx

dw06wu
04-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Those numbers don't really add up. On Wed/Sun you have less carbs and less fats than on Mon/Thurs and 10 more calories. I also put them in a calculator and they don't come anywhere near 3500. If I were you, first I would work these numbers out and then add like 200 cals of fat.

We can't tell you if it is going to work or not. You just have to experiment and document your progress. If you gain more than 2-3 pounds a week, it is too much. If you gain less than 1 pound a week, it is not enough. It's just going to take some time.

Gr3mlin73
04-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Those numbers don't really add up. On Wed/Sun you have less carbs and less fats than on Mon/Thurs and 10 more calories. I also put them in a calculator and they don't come anywhere near 3500. If I were you, first I would work these numbers out and then add like 200 cals of fat.

We can't tell you if it is going to work or not. You just have to experiment and document your progress. If you gain more than 2-3 pounds a week, it is too much. If you gain less than 1 pound a week, it is not enough. It's just going to take some time.
You are right in the fact that the daily amounts do change, as I do not eat exactly the same thing on a daily basis.
Excuse me for asking, but how did you manage to work out my calorific intake based entirely on my protein, fat and carb amounts listed here? I would love to know EXACTLY how you did it so it would save me the time of actually having to read the back of every product I eat :scratch:
OR: you are able to perform remote viewing/ astral travel to my house and see what I eat...either way, please explain how you did that :nod:

GMCtrk
04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
you need way more calories

Built
04-04-2005, 01:26 AM
P: 4 cals per gram
C: 4 cals per gram
F: 9 cals per gram

So,

WED/SUN
Protein: 231.5 (926 cals)
Carbs : 327.5 (1310 cals)
Fats : 51.1 (459.9 cals)
Cals : 3510 (by this calculation, 2695.9 cals)

Hooray, Excel.

:)

thajeepster
04-04-2005, 02:02 AM
your probably counting fiber cals.

Gr3mlin73
04-04-2005, 03:51 AM
P: 4 cals per gram
C: 4 cals per gram
F: 9 cals per gram

So,

WED/SUN
Protein: 231.5 (926 cals)
Carbs : 327.5 (1310 cals)
Fats : 51.1 (459.9 cals)
Cals : 3510 (by this calculation, 2695.9 cals)

Hooray, Excel.

:)
Thanx , Built for the cals per gram ratios. Now it makes more sense. So I guess more pasta is the order of the day then huh? Oh, and an extra protein shake a day....and maybe a little more peanut butter too....I'm gunna explode!! LOL. But if I am making gains in body weight as it is, which is pretty much LBM as far as I can tell, should I even bother upping my calories??

TheGimp
04-04-2005, 04:01 AM
If your current intake is working fine then there is no need to change it!

I am still curious to know why there is a discrepency between your total calorie intake and the calories contributed by each macronutrient though :)

Gr3mlin73
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
If your current intake is working fine then there is no need to change it!

I am still curious to know why there is a discrepency between your total calorie intake and the calories contributed by each macronutrient though :)
I dont exactly get what you mean, Gimp, but if you would please let me PM you (or anyone else for that matter) I will send you a list of foods I regularly eat, plus their contributing, cals, pros, carbs and fats.
Then maybe it will make even more sense and I can stop pulling out my hair LMAO!!!! :help:

TheGimp
04-04-2005, 05:01 AM
Feel free to PM me or you can post it here and have everyone pick it apart :)

What I mean is that your total calories should be the sum of the calories contributed by each macronutrient:

Total calories = calories from protein + calories from carbs + calories from fat

And as Built says this translates to:

Total calories = (grams of protein x 4) + (grams of carbs x 4) + (grams of fat x 9)

And again as Built posted, for Wed/Sun you have

Total calories = 3510

Yet

calories from protein + calories from carbs + calories from fat = 926 + 1310 + 459.9 = 2695.9

So something does not add up.

NOTE: Alcohol is another macronutrient that contributes 7 calories / gram but I have left it out of this discussion to prevent confusing matters :)

Gr3mlin73
04-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Feel free to PM me or you can post it here and have everyone pick it apart :)

What I mean is that your total calories should be the sum of the calories contributed by each macronutrient:

Total calories = calories from protein + calories from carbs + calories from fat

And as Built says this translates to:

Total calories = (grams of protein x 4) + (grams of carbs x 4) + (grams of fat x 9)

And again as Built posted, for Wed/Sun you have

Total calories = 3510

Yet

calories from protein + calories from carbs + calories from fat = 926 + 1310 + 459.9 = 2695.9

So something does not add up.

NOTE: Alcohol is another macronutrient that contributes 7 calories / gram but I have left it out of this discussion to prevent confusing matters :)
Thanx, Gimp....
I will PM and send it to u in about an hour. What I will say now is that I read the labels on everything I eat in regard to the macronutirents so this is how i get the conclusion of my counts, not taking into account sugars and other ingredients. Then I have been just tallying up my cals from what the packets have been saying, so that could be the problem.
Eg: Weet-Bix (3): 5.4 protein, 30 carbs, no fat. And apparently 155 cal, according to packet. (THIS IS HOW I'VE BEEN WORKING IT OUT) So maybe the packet is misleading too?
Cheerz mate!!!