PDA

View Full Version : Link? for bofybuilder who ate MacDonalds and stayed cut?

krazcanuk
04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Someone once posted a link to a bodybuilder's site who set out to prove (after Supersize This) that he could maintain his lean body mass by eating nothing but MacDonalds. Does anyone have that link to his site please? Thanks.

spencerjrus
04-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Someone once posted a link to a bodybuilder's site who set out to prove (after Supersize This) that he could maintain his lean body mass by eating nothing but MacDonalds. Does anyone have that link to his site please? Thanks.

I think Coleman was the one who went on Leno or something and said that he ate McDonalds, you really shouldnt buy into that stuff though, diet is the #1 most important aspect in changing your body.

Beast
04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Ronnie Coleman's been on Jay Leno?

Holto
04-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Ronnie Coleman's been on Jay Leno?

yes and I believe he claimed to be "all natural"

Holto
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I could lose fat eating all mcdonalds but I would need alot of cardio

I would much rather eat clean and not be hungry or tired

MM
04-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm so paranoid about fast food; I ate it once last week, and was worried that I gad gained fat. I got a little too obsessive and cut back for a couple of days, and lost two pounds.

krazcanuk
04-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I think Coleman was the one who went on Leno or something and said that he ate McDonalds, you really shouldnt buy into that stuff though, diet is the #1 most important aspect in changing your body.

Yeah, I agree, following a good diet is the most important thing. I was trying to find that site to send along to a friend who didn't believe me that it could be done.
From what I recall, the guy did do a TON of cardio, as well as maintaining his extensive workout routine, and I think he actually put ON Lean muscle mass. Anyways, he was only doing it as an experiment to prove it could be done if you maintain strict calorie counting and exercise regimen.
Thanks for the replies ... still looking for that link if anyone has it!!

Shao-LiN
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I agree, following a good diet is the most important thing. I was trying to find that site to send along to a friend who didn't believe me that it could be done.
From what I recall, the guy did do a TON of cardio, as well as maintaining his extensive workout routine, and I think he actually put ON Lean muscle mass. Anyways, he was only doing it as an experiment to prove it could be done if you maintain strict calorie counting and exercise regimen.
Thanks for the replies ... still looking for that link if anyone has it!!

Of course it can be done. A negative balance of calories and exercise...congrats, you have weight loss.

Collegekid
04-05-2005, 07:53 PM
this is sorta the opposite idea of the Jared/Subway scheme.

If you look at what this Jared guy ate every day....he skipped breafkast, then had a sub with chips for lunch and the same thing for dinner.

He could have had McDonald's for lunch and dinner instead and still lost weight. If you only eat two moderate sized meals a day, you can lose weight no matter how "unhealthy" those meals are.

Jabberwocky
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
I know who you are talking about. Dude is in this issue of MD.

Jabberwocky
04-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Dave Palumbo, claimed to eat at McDonalds once a day, usually getting two triple cheeseburgers. He is in jail now.

http://www.davepalumbo.com/2004%20USA%27s/dave%20sh/images/IMG_6766.jpg

Vido
04-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I could lose fat eating all mcdonalds but I would need alot of cardio

Not really. You could still be in a negative calorie balance without any cardio at all.

HahnB
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM

I hope to god Lay Leno had enough common sense not to be rude and ask him about steroids.

Slim Schaedle
04-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I hope to god Lay Leno had enough common sense not to be rude and ask him about steroids.

That's the problem with many interviewers. They don't ask the tough questions. What's rude about asking that anyway?

Canadian Crippler
04-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Because your knowningly putting him in a position where he is forced to lie for his own good and his own career.

Shao-LiN
04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
So when he claimed to be all natural...that wasn't volunteering the lie?

Holto
04-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Not really. You could still be in a negative calorie balance without any cardio at all.

you could bro but my metabolism is really slow

I can bulk on 4000-4500

Holto
04-06-2005, 08:35 AM

I don't know if he was asked (but lets assume)

the article I read referred to him as about as natural as Pam Andersons Tata's

Vido
04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
you could bro but my metabolism is really slow

I can bulk on 4000-4500

That's about what I bulk on as well (maybe slightly more). As long as you were controlling what you ate, you could easily eat a few meals/day at McDonald's and be well under 4000 calories.

Beast
04-09-2005, 12:09 PM
lol he always says makes it a point to say that.