PDA

View Full Version : 2days/week chest and 1day/week legs?

jazer80
04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
would this work? i'm doing a modified westside, and my legs never seem fully healed from ME day when i go to do DE

jazer80
04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
also i am more concerned w/ bench gains than squat/dl

Isaac Wilkins
04-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Sure, it'll work fine. There's lots of West Side templates for various day combinations. Some people like an every other day cycle, making an eight day week:

Monday: ME Bench

Wednesday: DE Squat

Friday: DE Bench

Monday: ME Squat

Wednesday: ME Bench

and so on.

Or you could look into Joe DeFranco's Westside For Skinny Bastards article. It's pretty good and covers an interesting three day Westside mod.

Paul Stagg
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
My first suggestion is to keep training both equally often... you'll adapt to the training, and you won't feel as beat down.. when you do, skip a ME lower day, or just do accessory work.

The other alternative is an 8 day week, or even a MWF where you still do all 4 workouts, but only train MWF (or whatever non consecutive days you like.)

fixationdarknes
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I'm just curious what ME and DE mean?

Isaac Wilkins
04-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Maximal Effort and Dynamic Effort.

Adam
04-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm doing a split the same as Borris posted. on off days i do cardio too.
works great and i've been doing this style for ~6months.

jazer80
04-06-2005, 11:22 AM
so basically no speed/ repetition leg days? i checked out defranco's stuff, seems like what i want. no matter how hard i work my chest, i can never work it like i work my legs. even doing more total sets, with equal intensity, i can never get my upper hafl close to as worked as my legs/hips area

Isaac Wilkins
04-06-2005, 01:21 PM
so basically no speed/ repetition leg days? i checked out defranco's stuff, seems like what i want. no matter how hard i work my chest, i can never work it like i work my legs. even doing more total sets, with equal intensity, i can never get my upper hafl close to as worked as my legs/hips area

When did I say no speed or repetition days? They're just as present as the ME days.

Edit: Gotcha on the DeFranco stuff. My bad. For the legs he only does the one day because of the field work that his athletes are doing. You're a wrestler, if you're practicing hard then you might want to consider it.