PDA

View Full Version : People! Think before you post...

trfe
04-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Ok. I may not be the best person to make this post but i feel it is necessary. I have read posts about people asking if they should "drain the liquid from their cottage cheese" and "how long they should cook frozen chicken for in a foreman grill". I mean seriously...just do it! Cook the chicken like any normal self-sufficient person and figure it out, or ask your mom...

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but my god... I guess there are kids posting in here and they don't know any better but all the more reason for this post. I guess I look at these forums as the trading of meaningful information, when posts start to veer into "how much peanut butter should i put on my PB&J sandwich", it starts getting into the realm of re-tarded.

do a quick google search before you post basic questions...

Since that is out of the way, anyone know how much protein is in a glass of milk? :thumbup:

eddie500
04-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Well I kind of disagree with you about stupid questions. I kinda ask stupid questions myself.
What I discovered by asking stupid questions is many times I learn new information that I would of never thought of.
For example you used the frozen chicken example. I think that is a very good question. I hear so much about harmful bacteria in meats.. So if you never cooked chicken before, its a very good to find out information about how long you should cook the chicken. Maybe if the chicken is frozen it needs extra cooking becuase of the frozen center.. There is so much stuff to overlook.

This goes along with many other questions which you deem to be stupid.

I don't eat cottage cheese, but with tuna fish.. I always rinse out the oil and high sodium content (actually someone recommended that for better health). Maybe there are some advantages of draining the liquid from the cottage cheese? Who knows, in less you ask.

Isaac Wilkins
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
As far as I know, the liquid in cottage cheese is a little bit of whey seperating out. Draining it means you lose a little bit of quality protein, probably a gram at most. I stir it back in, but I get down like that.

Cook the chicken until it's done. If it was frozen, you cook it your normal time, and then discover that the center isn't done, well... cook it longer.

There are stupid questions. People post them here.

eddie500
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
I just learned something interesting from the chicken post.

"rubbery chicken, bang the chicken with a meat mallet before you put it on the grill. That`s why the meat mallet is sometimes called a "tenderizer". "

I hate rubbery chicken also.. but I'll try this out.. Wouldn't of known this if that person didn't ask the stupid question.

Anyway I feel that the only sure way of knowing when a chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer.. This way you know when the center is at the right temperature and the bacteria is completly killed. This takes the guess work out of it

neartaigh
04-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Oooh...coool.

I have a better idea. Let`s debate whether we should debate about stupid questions. We can do that here too.

trfe
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Oooh...coool.

I have a better idea. Let`s debate whether we should debate about stupid questions. We can do that here too.

If you can't cook chicken by yourself, without the help of forums you are a gigantic tool. End of story.

The tenderizer comment is legit. Sometimes good info does come out of idiotic questions, because this community is very willing to help and a lot of the people in here know so much. But there will be a time when the hardcore guys get sick of coming to this forum because of the moronic questions, such as "How long should i cook chicken for?". Do a freaking google search about stuff you should have learned in high school.

How do I know when my hamburger is cooked? - This makes as much sense as the chicken question.

I should thank some of you for being either really young or realy dumb because you are causing me to get angry, thus sending me to the gym. :shoot:

eddie500
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Oooh...coool.

Actually thats a very good point. I think debating should be allowed.. so that we can debate on weather we should debate, or how else would we know for sure if we should debate.
:disagree:

:p

Paul Stagg
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Perhaps people who can't pick out their own weightgainer are tools, also?