sony
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Rob Declares War on Gatorade :whip: :whip:

http://www.extique.com/robreport-4.htm

Atomical
04-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Rob Declares War on Gatorade :whip: :whip:

http://www.extique.com/robreport-4.htm

Several endurance runners have come close to death from a sodium imbalance. Appparently these drinks weren't made for the average joe. Big suprise there.

shansen008
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Gatorade = EEEEvil!!

spencerjrus
04-06-2005, 03:19 PM
wow, il get some apples.

Holto
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
and he recommends using primarily fructose

I wonder how that will go over with some of the folks against it

"the most compelling rationales for producing a drink with three times as much sodium as potassium is for taste and to perpetuate thirst so that more bottles of the product are consumed"

I think I'll have to sign up for this newsletter...thanks Sony

shansen008
04-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Fructose from fruit isnt so bad, its the concentrated HFCS that you gotta watch out for.

waynis
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Gatorade = EEEEvil!!

:withstupi Even if there's more sodium than potassium it still has too much sugar, artificial flavor and high fructose corn syrup. :rolleyes:

Collegekid
04-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Gatorade doesn't have any HFCS

IZich
04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
meaning?

shansen008
04-07-2005, 05:50 PM

I think the makers of gatorade have been reading this board lately. I picked upa bottel the other day and noticed the sugar sources were different. Had fructose-sucrose syrup, and some other crap, but no HFCS. Good for them, but its still bunk. Pass the martinellis apple juice please. Gatorade has so much salt it gives me indgiestion. Or more liek Acid reflux disease....makes my esophagus burn if i drink it too fast.

getfit
04-07-2005, 05:52 PM
all this on gatorade fine! i still buy my gatorade powder mix it up with water toss some creatine in there and ready set go!

Shao-LiN
04-07-2005, 06:47 PM
meaning?

Meaning it doesn't have any HFCS.

Holto
04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Fructose from fruit isnt so bad, its the concentrated HFCS that you gotta watch out for.

I know that but it seems the fructose haters don't get it

Vitalize
04-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Well, well, well, not meaning to sound smug but didnt I mention the ill's of Gatorade and HFCS a few weeks ago only to get flamed...funny how it all comes around again huh
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,6916,s1-4-0-0-492,00.html
Getfit, its not so much the powedered form I'm up against, it the bottled piss I detest.
Have you seen the claim on thier website?.... water is not enough...pffft please...I mean COME ON really...what tripe!

Canadian Crippler
04-10-2005, 09:39 PM
all this on gatorade fine! i still buy my gatorade powder mix it up with water toss some creatine in there and ready set go!:withstupi

Buy the powder. It has no HFCP, no citric acid. Dunno what this guy is talking about because when I take it I feel more energized and my performance does improve slightly.

Canadian Crippler
04-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Well, well, well, not meaning to sound smug but didnt I mention the ill's of Gatorade and HFCS a few weeks ago only to get flamed...funny how it all comes around again huh
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,6916,s1-4-0-0-492,00.html
Getfit, its not so much the powedered form I'm up against, it the bottled piss I detest.
Have you seen the claim on thier website?.... water is not enough...pffft please...I mean COME ON really...what tripe!They claim gatorade will help you regain SOME energy. Whether bottled or in powder, gatorade will do this.

Vitalize
04-10-2005, 11:25 PM
They claim gatorade will help you regain SOME energy. Whether bottled or in powder, gatorade will do this.
So will donuts. Whats your point?
If you need energy eat clean carbs, you know slow release ones...not HFCS quick fix sugar/yo-yo energy level stuff.
A suggestion might be brown rice or some oatmeal an hour or so before your workout.
*sigh* Dont you think this Gatorade thing is getting a bit boring now?
At the end of the day its up to you what you put in your body.
PERSONALLY I dont like it, but hey...if it works for you then thats great.
Bodybuilders maanged without it before and can manage without it now.

Canadian Crippler
04-10-2005, 11:33 PM
My point is why get angry at Gatorade, since all they are advertising is that their product will help you regain some energy? They never stated they are the only product to do so, nor do they state their products are perfectly healthy to take in bulk.

Donuts and gatorade are not the same. It'll take ALOT longer for the energy from a donut to digest in order to be used to fuel your body than it would in gatorade. Not to mention you will probably feel full, sick and bloated if you try to do activities after eating donuts.

The powdered form doesn't have HFCS or any artificial crap (with the exception of a very small amount of artificial flavors). IMO there will be little difference between taking gatorade powder vs. dextrose.

Vitalize
04-10-2005, 11:36 PM
If you actually READ my post I said I wasnt against the powdered form but the bottled form.
And the reason Gatorade piss me off is thier wank claim that "water is not enough."
Even you have to admit that is shi t.
n.b. the donut thing was tounge in cheek btw :windup:

Canadian Crippler
04-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Actually, in some cases "water is not enough".

Yeah, if you can get the proper amount of energy from proper sources before a workout or activity their really isn't need for a product like gatorade and water can be used to re-hydrate. But very few people actually have this proper amount of energy before they do activities. Many students have a handful of cheerios for breakfast, then play basketball in gym class 2 hours later. Gatorade can help fuel these people, more than water can

Also something high on the GI Index is recommended for post workout nutrition, so again gatorade can actually be quite helpful in these situations.

pfc3rex
04-11-2005, 12:35 AM
all this on gatorade fine! i still buy my gatorade powder mix it up with water toss some creatine in there and ready set go!

agree. Gatorade will not do anything to you! just drink it and be happy!