PDA

View Full Version : can you please help me

no regrets
04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
What's up, I have been cutting for about 5 weeks now. I am having trouble losing the weight though. I am 6'2, 210 lbs...bodyfat is unknown. I am not too obese, just some unwanted weight in the abdomen.

I currently train 5 days a week and do cardio sessions 3 days a week. My cardio consists of 30 minutes on the treadmill. Monday and Wednesday I do 30 minutes before my first meal and Friday I do it after my 7th meal.

my diet:
meal 1- low carb cereal and 1 non-fat yogurt. (9 a.m)
meal 2-6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 slice of ff cheese and 1/2 cup of oatmeal.(11 a.m)
meal 3-pwo meal..protein shake, nature valley bar, ff pudding cup.(1 p.m)
meal 4-protein shake at school(3:15 p.m)
meal 5-chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice(5:15 pm)
meal 6-2 scoops of optimum with water, 1 cup almonds(7 15 pm)
meal 7-chicken (915 pm.)
meal 8- 8 oz of cottage cheese (1130 pm)

Am I doing something wrong? I am only taking in about 250 grams of carbs on training days and on non-training days I take in about 80 grams less than that.
Do I need to lower my carbs even more? Should I do more cardio? Am I eating too much? I want to keep my protein as high as possible to try and save the little muscle that I have. Please give me any suggestions you have to try and help me. Do I need cheat meals or refeeds? Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot for reading. I am sorry for the long post.

Collegekid
04-06-2005, 03:46 PM
eat less.

Vapour Trails
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
You didn't mention how many cals you generally eat, that's pretty important.

After 5 weeks of cutting, a refeed might help stimulate new fat losses.

Further reducing carbs would be a viable option. I'm eating next to zero carbs right now and the weight loss is amazing, workouts are brutal though. It something you could employ for just a few days a time to help you get over a hump.

ElPietro
04-07-2005, 02:54 PM
To cut you have to at least establish a rough number of calories that you normally would eat that keeps you at the same weight. We call this caloric maintenance. From that you can subtract an arbitrary number, most generally go with 500 calories.

So if your maintenance level was 2500 calories, your new goal would be to be at 2000 calories. You can do this via reduction in dietary calories, combined with increase in calorie burning activities.

A lb of fat is 3500 calories, so if you reduce things by 500 per day, that should add up to 1 lb per week. If you can keep your protein and essential fatty acid intake well up there, then this should primarily come from fat stores, and preserve lean body tissue, aka muscle.

A good tracking tool would be www.fitday.com. You can approximate things they already have in their database, or input new custom foods, so just key in what is on the label of things you eat regularly. After 2-3 weeks of this, you can probably calculate things in your head close enough, to eliminate the need to use this tool religiously.

Hope that helps in some way.

no regrets
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
alright guys, thanks for the help. I plan on tracking everything on fitday right now.

As of right now I don't have any carbs after 6 pm. If I were to do a refeed on Sunday how many more carbs should I take in? Should they only come from the brown rice and oatmeal or can I have pasta or something as well? If I were to do the refeed should I stop my carbs at 6 pm still or is it alright to have them later on in the day as well?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again

IZich
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
i'm not quite sure as to what you're asking, but it sounds like nutrient timing.
If this is the case, then i can point you do a good resource: read these articles.
http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=2
"The Science of Nutrient Timing"

Max-Mex
04-07-2005, 05:18 PM
What's up, I have been cutting for about 5 weeks now. I am having trouble losing the weight though. I am 6'2, 210 lbs...bodyfat is unknown. I am not too obese, just some unwanted weight in the abdomen.

I currently train 5 days a week and do cardio sessions 3 days a week. My cardio consists of 30 minutes on the treadmill. Monday and Wednesday I do 30 minutes before my first meal and Friday I do it after my 7th meal.

my diet:
meal 1- low carb cereal and 1 non-fat yogurt. (9 a.m)
meal 2-6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 slice of ff cheese and 1/2 cup of oatmeal.(11 a.m)
meal 3-pwo meal..protein shake, nature valley bar, ff pudding cup.(1 p.m)
meal 4-protein shake at school(3:15 p.m)
meal 5-chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice(5:15 pm)
meal 6-2 scoops of optimum with water, 1 cup almonds(7 15 pm)
meal 7-chicken (915 pm.)
meal 8- 8 oz of cottage cheese (1130 pm)

Am I doing something wrong? I am only taking in about 250 grams of carbs on training days and on non-training days I take in about 80 grams less than that.
Do I need to lower my carbs even more? Should I do more cardio? Am I eating too much? I want to keep my protein as high as possible to try and save the little muscle that I have. Please give me any suggestions you have to try and help me. Do I need cheat meals or refeeds? Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot for reading. I am sorry for the long post.

So with what you have given us, you have NO clue as to how many calories you are consuming on a regular basis? I'm sure I can figure it out, but the question, why don't you?

Make you a deal, figure out how many cals in a day you eat, and I'll help you out, if I can.