PDA

View Full Version : Advice plz

YungLifter
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Due to a injury i cant do physical activity my weight is about 135 so 135x12=1620cals per day so as long as i dont go over that i should be fine or does it depend on how much fat/carbs/protien you have to?

What I had today

Total Protein cereal=110cals 2.5g fat/8carbs/14pro
Carbcountdown NF Milk=70cals 0g fat/3gcarbs/12g pro
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae(havnt had ice cream in months)755cals 35gfat/96g carb/14g pro
6oz can of tuna(in water)=170cals 1g fat/0carbs/ 39g protein
2slices of whole wheat bread=120cals 3g fat/10carbs / 10g pro

Total= 1215cals/42g fat/122g carbs/ 86g protein

did the sundae mess me up?

_-_v_-_
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Dude, you're young. Ignore the calculators.

Just eat. Trust me. Your body will thank you for it later.

I'm serious. You can really f*ck yourself up long-term by starving yourself at that age...

IZich
04-08-2005, 02:07 AM

I'm serious. You can really f*ck yourself up long-term by starving yourself at that age...
IMO its a good habit to start counting cals when you're young.
what i THINK he means is that regardless of counting, you should still be eating a lot. Good to know how much you're eating, just make sure you know you're eating LOTS of it. the 1620 cap thing is for flabby, middle aged people, not for young, growing men.

(disclaimer: the flabby, middle aged people thing was a joke. hehe)

blazini
04-08-2005, 02:35 AM

Take his advice with a grain of salt.

Don't limit yourself, or even bother counting. There is too much going on in your body for you to be worrying about calories. The only principle you should be following is "food equals growth". That's it.

YungLifter
04-08-2005, 04:55 AM
o ok thx alot i trust me i eat alot but i eat healthy but i felt baf eating that strawberry shortcake sundae heres my normal day when i was lifting and miss so much=(

Breakfast-1cup oats/10-15 strawberries or bannana
Mid Morn-banana/NF cottage cheese
Lunch-turkey/tuna/chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread or wrap
-pre wo-apple+oats
-workout
-PostWO shake
Mid evening-Chicken breast/whle wheat wrap
dinner-6oz can tuna/2slices whole wheat bread
something like that but now that i wont be able to do anything for 10weeks i

feel as i should cut it down abit or all my work will turn into fat or somthing

_-_v_-_
04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
You're still growing. Eat.

Big Bas
04-08-2005, 11:57 AM
you're 135 lbs. why do you eat so little?

Gutz981
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Out of curiosity whats holding you back from hitting the iron?

Collegekid
04-08-2005, 01:49 PM
From experience I've found that it's better to err on the side of eating more than eating less.

There have been times when I couldn't go to the gym or workout for a week or two (vacation, etc) so I got really strict about my cals and tried to eat less and actually lost weight and felt weaker when I got back to the gym.

Keep eating.

Bohizzle
04-08-2005, 02:08 PM
o ok thx alot i trust me i eat alot but i eat healthy but i felt baf eating that strawberry shortcake sundae heres my normal day when i was lifting and miss so much=(

Breakfast-1cup oats/10-15 strawberries or bannana
Mid Morn-banana/NF cottage cheese
Lunch-turkey/tuna/chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread or wrap
-pre wo-apple+oats
-workout
-PostWO shake
Mid evening-Chicken breast/whle wheat wrap
dinner-6oz can tuna/2slices whole wheat bread
something like that but now that i wont be able to do anything for 10weeks i

feel as i should cut it down abit or all my work will turn into fat or somthing
that is not a lot. eat more. even if u can't work out. if u want to gain weight while not hitting the gym, it will be fat weight, regardless, i think u should eat more.

Andrew

YungLifter
04-08-2005, 02:16 PM
i ripped tendon in my hand and fractured a couple bones in my foot so i cant do any exercise im not tryin to gain weight(fat) thats y im tryin to watch wat i eat i just fet guilty eatin that strawberry shortcake sundae has so much sugars and fats that arent good for you and since i cant work out i was just wondering what to stay away from and what to eat

Collegekid
04-08-2005, 02:34 PM
First of all, use some punctuation for chrissake. Seriously, reading your posts is like listening to rain man.

YungLifter
04-08-2005, 02:37 PM
sorry i was using one hand all i got for now sorry that i forgot some periods. these injuries suck and i dont know what to eat and not eat to maintain my weight =(.

Collegekid
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Just relax, first of all. Eating isn't rocket science. Think about it this way...most people don't think about what they eat at all...they eat when they get hungry. For the most part, they don't go around rapidly gaining massive amounts of fat.

I'm not saying have a ****ty diet, just eat healthy, sensible foods and eat lots of them. Relax.

YungLifter
04-08-2005, 04:56 PM
yea your right just that ive had three partys in past 5 days and all had ice cream and i had some just feeling guilty but other then that i eat healthy foods thx college