PDA

View Full Version : Football players at my school.....

Collegekid
04-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I was just thinking about how the football players at my college follow almost none of the conventional rules we talk about, but they're all f-ing ripped anyway, and getting bigger.

They have morning runs at 7am, then lift right after that. On days they don't run, they have practice, which i assure you is just as intense and burns more calories than HIIT or regular cardio.

Their diet is what first got me thinking about this. The players that I see in the dining hall eat pretty crappy...cheeseburgers, fried chicken, kiddy-cereal, pancakes. But, except for the linemen of course, they're all ripped.

Anyway, just got me thinking that maybe we don't need to be as strict as we think, but what do I know.....

SalahG
04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Good genetics and a lot of exercise. They would get better results if they followed a more strict diet.

Bohizzle
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
they eat. a lot. and as SalahG mentioned they have good genetics and do a lot of exercise and have probably been active for the majority of their lives.

Andrew

abwowang
04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
the football players at my school arent F-ing ripped.. (UW huskies)
most of them are big and kinda chunky..

shansen008
04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
If they are exercising as intensely as you say they are....then they can afford to eat that way honestly. Also dont forget they are in the prime of their lives, hormone levels and metabolism is super high. They probably have so much test and gh in them that they are a tad insulin resistant as well. So yeah they could probably "eat a horse and not gain an ounce". I was the same way in high school and college. Would eat my food and finish everyone elses at the table......wouldnt get fat in my DREAMS. Everyone said i was lucky, i told them "You go through conditioning and b-ball practice 5-6 days a week, then hit the weights, then go ride your bike to/from everywhere you go. Only then can you come talk to me about luck".

wrestlemaniac
04-08-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm sure if we all did HIIT every single morning for hours on end like these guys we'd HAVE TO eat unclean to keep our calories high enough. They may not respect our rules but without knowing it, they're following them.

Double D
04-08-2005, 08:38 PM
They may be using steroids as well.

Vido
04-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Good genetics and a lot of exercise. They would get better results if they followed a more strict diet.

:withstupi

Living off burgers and kid's cereal isn't exactly "healthy" either. There's 2 aspects of eating: the aesthetics side and the health side. Too many people forget about the health side.