PDA

View Full Version : Knowing Calorie Intake

PhilsterT
04-08-2005, 10:23 PM
How do I figure out how many calories I'm supposed to be intaking? And, for cut, how many calories should I drop down to?

Built
04-08-2005, 10:26 PM
www.fitday.com for a week, find your maint cals.

Increase gradually for bulking, decrease gradually for cutting.

Jabberwocky
04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I have the exact formula if you want it.

1. You weight in pounds divided by 2.2

2. Your height in inches X 2.54

3. 9.6 X # from step 1

4. 1.8 X # from step 2

5. 4.7 X your age in years

6. 655 + the # from step 3 + the # from step 4 - the # from step 5 = your resting metabolic rate.

7. Multiply your RMR by your appropiate activity factor
sedentary X by 1.2
slightly active X 1.375
moderately active X 1.55
very active X 1.725

RMR X activity level = amount of calories to maintain your weight.

plus 500 calories to bulk
minus 500 calories to cut.

IZich
04-09-2005, 12:05 AM
thx for the info jabber.. good to double check myself :]

dw06wu
04-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Good equation, but remember that it doesn't take in account LBM as opposed to total weight. Your actual RMR will probably be a little less than what you come up with from that.

Use that eq as a baseline and then follow built's and jabber's advice. Finding maintenance if you track everything through fitday is not difficult. Just gotta get into the routine of entering everything in there.

PhilsterT
04-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Thank you so much!

Yeah, but I don't think I have enough money to afford that as of now. I will just use that calculation and round down to the nearest 100.

So, just eating 600 under requirment will really be enough for cut? Or do I need to do cardio (or if I do cardio I should eat more)? If that's the case, how can I measure how many calories I've burned while doing cardio?

iLUDEd
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Thank you so much!

Yeah, but I don't think I have enough money to afford that as of now. I will just use that calculation and round down to the nearest 100.

So, just eating 600 under requirment will really be enough for cut? Or do I need to do cardio (or if I do cardio I should eat more)? If that's the case, how can I measure how many calories I've burned while doing cardio?

try it for a week, see how you go, then you will be able to answer your own question :)

ozzyman
04-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Thank you so much!

Afford What? FitDay Is FREE.........

shansen008
04-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Afford What? FitDay Is FREE.........

To clarify....fitday ONLINE is free. The downloadable version costs like $20. I bought it personally, so i can take it anywhere i go. I use a little USB pendrive to keep my info with me at all times.