PDA

View Full Version : Question on fitday

YungLifter
04-09-2005, 09:30 PM
this fitday.com thing i tryed it and i put in my daily intake and when i go to Eaten vs Burned my eaten bar is at like half of my burned and i didnt put any exercises in does this mean through out the day my body just on its own is burning up all these calories or am i doing something wrong? im asking this here b/c alot of people seem to support this site here

Geeper
04-10-2005, 05:44 AM
I never trusted the eaten vs burned stuff on fitday, I LOVE the site because it's the easiest way for me to track my food intake and watch my macros instantly. (cals, protein, fat, carbs)

YungLifter
04-10-2005, 06:23 AM
yea i dont understand it i eat 2000cals and w/ no exercise i burn them all lol what am i suppose to do eat like 9000 cals just to meet what i daily burn doesn't make sense

ryuage
04-10-2005, 09:36 AM
you know those things can read your body through your computer screen so you better eat more.

Geeper
04-10-2005, 10:06 AM
you know those things can read your body through your computer screen so you better eat more.

Not from the computer screen!!!! From the satelites and the tracking chips in whey

YungLifter
04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
omg i knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJFan
04-10-2005, 12:08 PM
i got this generic jar of natty pb and the ingredient list read:

peanuts
salt
fitday cookie

i immediately ran spybot on my abdomen and was able to extricate the offending cookie. haven't been able to get this to work on oreos yet. maybe there's an update.

seriously though... i noticed that on fitday too. they do a basic basal calculation to get that figure. mine may be fairly accurate but i still ignore it.

shansen008
04-10-2005, 12:31 PM
You do realize you burn calories while doing nothing right? You are a warm blooded mammal. Yo dont just eat calories to offset physical activity. Every couch potato on earth would weight 900lbs at this point if that were the case.

Your BMR is the amount of calories you burn doing absolutely nothing all day long. How else do you think your body reaches 98.6F? There has to be something going on right? Energy doesnt come from nowhere.

javyn
04-10-2005, 03:47 PM
i tracked my eating and workout habit on fitday for a few months. according to my calories consumed/calories burned ratio....i should have died of starvation by now. i dont think fitday takes into account if you are not a 'normal' weight. i am VERY underweight, so i really doubt i burn 2k calories a day, even when i work out heavily.

vypergts
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyone know what NFS means next to certain items in fitday?

EJFan
04-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyone know what NFS means next to certain items in fitday?

you mean where it says "NFS as to fat" or something like that?

i don't know exactly what it stands for, but i'm fairly certain it means there isn't any measurable amount of whatever it preceeds.

vypergts
04-11-2005, 09:49 AM
like if you do a search for sushi, the first result is Sushi, NFS

trfe
04-11-2005, 10:11 AM
no fat specified...maybe?

Geeper
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
not ****in sure

vvv
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Make a list of questions and send it to feedback@fitday.com

I am just as curious as you guys about those things. Another Q:

Q: If you've been using fitday (the web version) for couple of months and you bought the stand alone copy. Is there a way to download your logs/reports etc on the stand alone PC version. Just for tracking purposes.