PDA

View Full Version : Bench/Deadlift Routine

BigNic
04-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I couldnt find anything when i searched for it so ill ask here. If its a repost i apologize. Im looking for a routine that would be ideal for a push pull comp. If anyone has any knowledge id appreciate it.

chris mason
04-10-2005, 02:44 PM
For the deadlift I find that partial squats are a great help. My leg drive is the weakest link in my pull and thus the partial squats help to mimic that movement and strengthen the legs in that particular ROM.

GMCtrk
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I really dont know what to say about bench, but for deadlift, for me, what has worked best has just been maxing every 2 weeks and in the same workout doing one or two heavy sets to complete failure. I'm talking, you're seeing stars, and when your done with your set you can barely stand up or pick a plate up. Oh, and couple that with a lot of food

ozzyman
04-10-2005, 03:46 PM
wow havent seen you around in a while..... How things goin? anyways I like to add in some Deads while standing on a platform..... that way you must move the weight farther in return increasing your max.... lots of your training will be based on your sticking points. Do you have problems getting the weight off the ground or locking out? Same for bench off your chest or locking out? Personally though I only max out once every two weeks but do bench and deads once a week 3 heavy sets of 6-8 reps maybe one of 3 if i feel up for it.....

BigNic
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I cant even say my faults with pulling. My form is horrible but im working on it.

Ya whats up ozzy, i got a journal now.