PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic Burst Cycling Diet

Qea
12-01-2001, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking of trying the ABCD system as outlined in Muscle Media

I figured I'd have more success bulking up using this than a traditional bulking diet by preventing my body from adapting to a constant high-caloric state (i.e. homeostasis)

Does anyone have any experience or comment about this before I 'get with it'?

:)

Jane
12-01-2001, 09:02 PM
adapting to a high caloric state? can the body do that?

*closes eyes and wishes that the body could adapt to maintaing weight at 6,000 calories a day*

PowerManDL
12-01-2001, 10:46 PM
Don't do it. That's the best advice I can give.

This thing is based on the idea that the human metabolism was designed to cope with periods of famine and periods of plenty, as in the days of the Flintstones.

If you want to look like Barney Rubble, by all means go ahead.

Budiak
12-02-2001, 03:29 AM
I dont like the sound of the "starving this week, bloated next week" diet plan.

Wizard
12-02-2001, 09:53 AM
You're talking about the ABCDE program.
If you can follow it striclty you can oack on some pounds without gaining much fat.You can find a better version of this program @ http://www.t-mag.com

Short N Buff
12-04-2001, 01:09 AM
IMO i think i'm big cuz of that burst. during wrestling season i constantly starve and eat...(belimic). THROUGHOUT wrestling season i went from 114 (i wrsetled 103) -> 125. then onemonth later after the season i was 135. if this was the anabolic burst, thats fascinating. if it was a growth spurt..then i regret all that starvation practcing, cuz i coulda grew bigger if i ate and dint' worry bout dropping weight....

Beefy Boy
12-04-2001, 03:41 AM
I wish my body could have adapted to all the months of high calorie eating then i would not have been in the position i am in now of having to work and diet so hard to lose the extra bodyfat!

Qea
12-04-2001, 06:44 PM
So you guys don't think caloric cycling is a good idea for bulking?

Cuz my thinking is that the human body is always trying to adapt to whatever environment you put it in, hence it's a good idea to prevent it from reaching homeostasis

Jane
12-04-2001, 06:57 PM
what about calorie cycling for cutting? would that work at all?

Qea
12-04-2001, 07:14 PM
Jane,

By sheer coincidence, I read this article in the June 2001 article of Men's Fitness, which quotes:

But over time, your body will achieve homeostasis, that is, it will adapt to the pattern and will work just enough to maintain its current balance of lean mass to fat stores. To continue getting leaner, you must continue adapting.

From this, assuming the validity of the magazine's writers, I guess caloric cycling makes sense for cutting.

Bulking-wise, I'm still trying to get more feedback for it.

Think I'll start another thread

:D

PowerManDL
12-04-2001, 08:48 PM
Caloric cycling isn't the same thing as ABCD dieting. I'll comment in your new thread, however.

soh544
12-28-2001, 09:54 AM
im currently in my 5th day of my first ABCDE bulking phase. yea im bloated a bit, but i feel awesome! the pumps are awesome, strength is awesome, i think ive gained like 5 lbs already :) im lovin it :) the cutting diet is gonna suck.. heh

MonStar1023
12-28-2001, 10:09 AM
I have tried the ABCDE Program by Bill Phillips and Tobjorn Akerfelt or whatever the hell his name is and what a waste!! The cuttings 2 weeks was completely hell taking in like 1700-1900 calories and then the bulking 2 weeks I felt like a cow stuffing like 5000 calories. What a disaster!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PowerManDL
12-28-2001, 10:16 AM
See. I told you.