PDA

View Full Version : I need help badly

miled
04-11-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm 6'4 and I'm a 21 year old. I have never been very built (always very slim) but I had a decent physique so it didn't bother me all too much. For quite some time now I have been very depressed. I am taking steps to help turn my depression around, but a big part has be gaining some weight. I haven't eaten much for months... I am really hoping that I might find some help on here.

I need to know what to eat. I don't know a lot about dietry. Pasta, eggs, steak, what? I wonder what one of your average eating days is like (obviously I wouldn't be able to compete, but with progression...)? Could you guys give me some pointers? How many times a day do you guys eat?

Does anyone have any pointers for how to gain an appetite? Having eaten on average half a meal a day has trained my body to function without food. I had days that I wouldn't eat anything whatsoever until late at night. Thus I need to train my body towards a healthy appetite some how.

Thanks, I really appreciate anything you can give me.

-Miled

SpecialK
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Read the sticky at the top entitled "What a Bodybuilder Eats"

As for how to gain an appetite, first of all start working out on a regular basis. Since it sounds like you are thin and want to gain weight, I would focus primarily on lifting and maybe do some cardio here and there if you really want to. See WBB1 if you want a routine to start out on, or use my favorite, Max-OT, available at www.ast-ss.com, just click on the link that says Max-OT and sign up, it's free. Once you start lifting on a regular basis your caloric needs will increase, hopefully making you more hungry.

Other things to try are increase your cals slowly to allow your body to get used to the increased amount of food. Increase your daily caloric intake by maybe 500 cals each week.

Also try to use protein shakes to get some of your calories. Liquid calories are much easier to consume than solid foods, even when you are full.

Hope that helps

Davor
04-12-2005, 02:16 AM
start drinking alot of water. aim for 1 gallon of water each day, if you can. this will help with the appetite. also its very important not to wait until you are hungry to eat, stuff something down every 3 hours or so. if you eat just one type of food such as for lunch you only eat meat, or only eat vegetables, or only rice it will be digested faster than if you ate all 3 of them at the same time. this will help out with apetite also... good luck brotha keep ya head up

miled
04-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks guys. I'll let you know how I get on....

IZich
04-12-2005, 12:03 PM
:]

Will.S
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't even bother with cardio too much, just lift and eat.

I eat 7 times a day, on 3,500 cals.