PDA

View Full Version : Backwards Squat Suit for Deadlift

LaSaga
04-12-2005, 07:27 AM
I seen a few pictures of guys wearing a backwards squat suit for their deadlift, anyone have any information about this?

ElPietro
04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Uhh..nope. Maybe they are wearing a deadlift suit or their regular squat suit. But given how hard it is to get into a squat suit the regular way, I would seriously doubt they'd be wearing it backwards. Might just be a singlet even. There's not much out there that will impact the deadlift. Might get a small amount out of a belt, but suits and erector shirts where legal don't do a whole lot to add to a raw total.

LaSaga
04-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Nope, it's definitly a backwards squat suit... I was just wondering how this provided a benefit... I seen pics of someone doing that with an Inzer Hardcore and have heard of it else where but there was no explaination.

pfc3rex
04-13-2005, 01:56 AM
using any suit, does it really benefit you? have any links w/ specific info on it along with pictures.?

Beebs
04-13-2005, 08:00 AM
I have definatly heard of / seen this too.

TheMachine
04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Yea, some people wear a squat suit backwards for the DL. Getting support from a DL suit is hard to do, especially if you pull sumo. Try it out, maybe it will work for you.

Sensei
04-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I've seen a lot of people do this, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. Believe me I've tried to see it from their perspective including actually putting on a suit that way - IMHO, all it did was make an already uncomfortable suit more uncomfortable and less supportive.