PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post Excessive?

frankm007
04-12-2005, 02:23 PM
n/m

Dedicated
04-12-2005, 02:31 PM
During my last cut I had a postworkout shake exactly like the one you are having and I stopped losing fat. I used a different brand of protein but the same amounts. I don't know why this happened, this was just my experience with it. I kept my total cals down also so it wasn't that.

What I do now is have a small meal a little while after my workout. Preworkout I have a meal a few hours before lifting and drink some coffee/green tea when it is close to workout time.

The amount you are taking IS the recommended amount for your bodyweight I
think, because at the time I weighed what you weigh and was taking the same exact thing.

It's a tough call to make.

ryuage
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
i would like to think someone trying to lose fat was cutting....

Dedicated
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Yea I was trying to cut.

ryuage
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
noone was making an argument, but if you insist.... no you cant bulk while trying to lose fat when you "bulk" you are doing just that trying to bulk, and if you were trying to maintain then no you wouldnt be trying to add muscle or lose fat now would you.... use some logic in your argument.

Dirt
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
i just didn't appreciate the sarcastic tone in that first response...

now, about your last post...again...you are "assuming"... my logic was not wrong but simply incomplete.

bulking in the sense of "adding size, mass, volume to the overall body" CAN be done while u loose weight... this is simply adding LEAN muscle...what everyone wants.

maintaining "your weight" can be done while u loose weight... you decrease fat while u gain muscle..then you MAINTAIN your weight...

see..the problem isn't that i'm wrong...or that you're wrong..truth is..we are both right, it all depends on how the word and meaning is used.

all the words are interchangeable depending on the circumstance.. =)

You should leave this thread now. Ryuage just 0wn3d you. http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/stayalertowned.jpg.jpg

You can't bulk and lose weight. Adding weight requires a caloric surplus. Losing (one "o") weight requires a caloric deficit. If you are maintaining you would be maintaining your current weight ie. not losing and not gaining anything. If you are gaining or losing any weight, by definition you are not maintaining. Not a single damn thing you posted makes sense.

Maki Riddington
04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I think he's simply saying that by "bulk" he means adding muscle and that it is indeed possible to put on lean tissue and lose bodyfat at the same time.

ryuage
04-12-2005, 05:23 PM
you guys are funny

TheGimp
04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
The fact is this kind of tweaking is an inexact science and the differences will probably be negligible.

Having said this, sounds fine to me, given your weight. The amount of carbs to take in your postworkout shake is a function of your lean mass, as the goal is to replenish muscle glycogen. My only criticism would be the total amount of protein over the two shakes; it's probably a good idea to split it between a pre and post workout shake but it just "seems" like too much.

pfc3rex
04-13-2005, 01:43 AM
is it more vital to have more calories, protein... in your pre or post w/o shake?