PDA

View Full Version : pre/postwork out shake problem

Vitalize
04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I was wondering...I know a lot of you make a big shake before your workout and finish the other half after your workout, so my question is this..wont the protein in the shake not be so effective if it has been sitting idle for 45 mins or so?
I thought once made you had better down it pretty sharpish?
Personally I make it and gulp it after my work out has finished.
I carry the powder measured out in a small container. Add water to shaker put in my protein powder and voila.
Any thoughts?

ReelBigFish
04-12-2005, 09:05 PM
i think it should be fine. Its not like its yeast were it's gunna die if not used right away.

wrestlemaniac
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
I've never heard of such a thing.... Why would the protien not work after a certain time? Anyone?

Collegekid
04-12-2005, 09:44 PM
The reason people say to drink it quickly after mixing is because it's suscepitble to "air-borne contaminants"....in other words, germs. The protein doesn't get less effective.

Optimum08
04-12-2005, 10:12 PM
also protein..after its been sitting around for a while isn't as pleasant as a "fresh batch" is...creatine, however, does lose efficacy if you leave it in your shake as it has a half life of something life 5 minutes, i.e. gets half as effective every 5 minutes it is immersed in liquid...

Vitalize
04-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks
So for the people who mix creatine in thier shake its not such a good idea to leave it.

Protein = ok
Creatine = bad idea
Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

pfc3rex
04-13-2005, 01:34 AM
not necessarily. If you have creatine mixed w/ your shake just gulp it quickly.

Vitalize
04-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Yes but the point being dont leave it for a long time..i.e 45 mins+