PDA

View Full Version : New person saying hello, and needs some advice...

rmani
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi fellas. I've been sporadically browsing these boards for a couple of years. I've been lifting for about 7 years now and in that time I've made large gains in size and strength.

So I finally needed to register because I need some help. I used to have a really tough time gaining weight back in high school and college. Having recently graduated college about 2 years ago I've noticed that since starting to work full time I've had the hardest time losing the 10-12lbs that I want to lose. O yeah in case you're wondering I'm 6' and 211lbs currently.

OK back to the original problem. I want to lose these pounds and running and speeding through my workout isn't cutting it. I need some supplement help but I am not a fan of xenadrine or stackers or any of that stuff. The only supplements I ever really took were creatine and protein powder.

I love carb food like pasta and bread and really can't envision myself cutting these foods out of my diet. I came across some carb blockers in the drug store the other day. I'm a pretty skeptical person but thought about giving them a try. Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

Sorry for the long post but thanks for any help and I look forward to talking with everyone. :)

Optimum08
04-13-2005, 06:48 PM
first of all welcome to the boards...this will be the most useful resource u have ever signed up for...

on to your question...those "carb blockers" leave me a little skeptical too...i don't know too much about them but how exactly do they "block" the carbs? IMO i wouldn't waste money on it...a good thermogenic might help u lose that stubborn 10 lbs...

Built
04-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Cutting is diet. Supplements and cardio will do far less than most people would like to believe.

What's your diet like? If you can't drop fat, that's where you have to look. No matter how good you think your diet is, it isn't working for you now.

Post it up. Go to www.fitday.com and tell us your macros, as well as the timing of your meals.

Built
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh, and if carb blockers worked, there would be a LOT of VERY happy former-fatties out there.

Welcome to the board.

:)

rmani
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
well my diet sucks. I like pasta, pizza, hot dogs, fried chicken, chinese food, etc...

I eat out a lot since I can't cook worth a damn, but the thing is I eat better now than I ever did at school where I ate a frozen pizza everday and had burger king for a late night snack all the time, not to mention loads of beer and liquor.

I know I am a lot less active now since I sit on my ass all day at work, and also don't get enough sleep.

What thermogenics would you recommend?

Thanks guys.

Dirt
04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
What thermogenics would you recommend?

None. There are no magic pills. If you want to lose weight you have to fix your diet.

Built
04-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm sorry, but diet is about 80% of it.

If there was ANY other way, I would have found it. I LOVE to eat.

You can't exercise off a sh!tty diet. No matter how you try. And a thermogen is really only a tiny boost - I lost 25 lbs of fat with diet. I think I might have dropped about another 8 with diet and thermogens. And heavy lifting 4 days a week. And cardio.

Sorry :(