PDA

View Full Version : Arm Wrestling...

Gutz981
04-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I got beat by some Fat ass in my class...I know I am stronger than him...What the ****...how did I lose??? Does weight have anything to do with it?

WBBIRL
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Technique does have a role in this... its not entirely brute strength. And try to watch the FA word as some of us are metabolically challenged....

jack_of_all
04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
do you know what his lifting stats are? youd be surprised how much he could be hiding under there.

corraomonster
04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
lol arm wrestling is mostly leverage, and im sure ur squat, bench, and dead lift dont have much to do with it. is his hand bigger, or arm longer? might have had his elbow at a different angle too.. thats why i dont arm wrestle ne more.. i used to beat everyone in my grade (middleschool then, now im in highschool) but now theres kids that just got tall and long arms... even tho they bench 135 max and i max 205

SouthernYJ
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
There is a lot of technique, i've started to get into armwrestling recently. I haven't competed or anything yet, but practicing technique and stuff.

A lot of it is lower arm strength, especially wrist strength. And lots of technique (i.e. sweep, hook, toproll, etc) Check out pinarm.com for lots of technique and exercises to help you out.