PDA

View Full Version : To keep the snickers mini's or to not keep the snickers mini's.

Punchy
04-14-2005, 03:45 PM
A while back I decided to make a change in my life by adding in diet and exercise.

At first everything was going great, until a weakness took over.

You see I have never been much for the fried foods, pop, etc that most on here rightfully look down on.....but I do have a major weakness for chocolate. I absolutely love the stuff.

So when I decided to make the change in my life, I also decided that atleast one day a week I would reward my indulgence for chocolate.

The problem is, I would often go overboard, and set myself back.

For the last six weeks, I have been doing an experiment. After my third meal of the day (lunch) I have one snickers mini, no more, just one.

Since doing this I have kept to my diet and training 100% and don't even have a cheat day anymore. It's like that one snickers mini fulfills my indulgence and doesn't make me go overboard. I'm also losing weight on a consistent basis.

Question is, should I continue to do this if it helps me to stick to my training and diet or is it looked down on?

spanky33
04-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Since doing this I have kept to my diet and training 100% and don't even have a cheat day anymore. It's like that one snickers mini fulfills my indulgence and doesn't make me go overboard. I'm also losing weight on a consistent basis.

You just answered your own question

Optimum08
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
:withstupi....if your achieving your goal then why stop? question answered.

IRN-BRU
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
If it works, dont fix it! Well done.

Punchy
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Alright thanks. Guess I just wanted someone else other than me to tell me it was okay. :)

darius19
04-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah keep doing what youre doing if its working. I, for one, used to have the same weakness. I stopped eating candy...and quite frankly I dont feel the need to anymore. I would choose a peach cottege cheese over chocolate anyday. I just dont eat candy anymore...I dont like it. Over time if you stop eating something (soda, candy) you wont want it anymore. But keep doing what youre doing :)

trfe
04-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Well do you feel guilty about it? If not then why stop?
Who cares if others look down on it...who are these others anyway? Are you trying to eat well and get into shape for them or for yourself?

If having a snickers mini...which is miniscule...keeps you on track then keep it up. I snack at the candy bowl at our front desk a few times a day, thanks to an overactive BMR. Just finished eating some caramel filled hershey kisses, damn those are good.

Oh yeah, many times you are craving sugar, not necessarily chocolate. Eat a piece of fruit or dried fruit in trail mix or something like that. You'll find that your craving goes away.

YungLifter
04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Its always better to get something that your just aching for in your case snickers minis then to hold back the whole week and go crazy on the weekend i'd say keep it, to keep u sane. I have a banana split sundae but thats like once every month lol i love ice cream.